User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Accumulator Tank and Water Lines

I had an accumulator tank in my previous rig and looking to put it on this one. My question is can you use an accumulator tank with the nautilus system? Also does anyone know where I can source the red and blue water lines connected between the pump and nautilus? I can't believe the rats nest of wiring and water lines when I pulled the cover off.
    Last edited by ItchinToGo!; 03-01-2021 at 02:23 PM.
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2018 RAM Laramie 3500 DRW
    Retired Navy

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItchinToGo! View Post
    I had an accumulator tank and my previous rig and looking to put it on this one. My question is can you use an accumulator tank with the nautilus system? Also does anyone know where I can source the red and blue water lines connected between the pump and nautilus? I can't believe the rats nest of wiring and water lines when I pulled the cover off.
    A few folks have posted threads with pictures regarding installation of accumulator tanks. I recall those with the Kantleak water panel (early years GDRVs like ours) sharing details and I suspect that there have been folks with the Nautilus doing the same. I would not think that the water panel would make a difference. If you conduct a search on accumulator you will find several threads.

The pex plumbing red and blue line is very common available at plumbing outlets, big box, online sources, etc. I do seem to recall different levels of "quality" rating/grading of pex. Possibly someone who knows about this will chime in or you can learn doing your research.

Yea, the plumbing and wiring rats nest has been talked about here since forum inception nearly a decade ago......yikes !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=The pex plumbing red and blue line is very common available at plumbing outlets, big box, online sources, etc. I do seem to recall different levels of "quality" rating/grading of pex. Possibly someone who knows about this will chime in or you can learn doing your research.

Dan[/QUOTE]

I can get the pex lines with no problem, I was wondering about the red and blue soft lines. Sorry should have been more specific.
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2018 RAM Laramie 3500 DRW
    Retired Navy

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItchinToGo! View Post
    I can get the pex lines with no problem, I was wondering about the red and blue soft lines. Sorry should have been more specific.
    Ah OK. Maybe the same three and add in RV dealers and RV parts suppliers. There are a number of RV parts suppliers......doing a search should get some for you to check. Etrailer, Camping World, RV Parts Country, etc.

By the way, a number of folks have replaced the red and blue soft hose with Pex. There have been some reports over the years of the hoses (particularly the red hot water hose) expanding and leaking over time. There are some threads on the forum about that. Searching the plumbing topic using words like soft hose, pex, replace, crimp ring, etc. should bring some of those up.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide