Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basement Panel Fabric

Has anyone out there found a source for a close match to the fabric GD wraps around the basement panels?

I plan to reconfigure my 2021 310GK basement to get a bit more usable space and my OCD won't allow me to not try to make it match.

Thanks!

Brian
    Brian and Lisa - Longmont, CO
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    2022 F350 Lariat DRW Powerstroke
    Firestone airbags - WirelessOne Airlift
    B&W Companion 20K
    Tireminder TPMS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brandtb1919 View Post
    Has anyone out there found a source for a close match to the fabric GD wraps around the basement panels?

I plan to reconfigure my 2021 310GK basement to get a bit more usable space and my OCD won't allow me to not try to make it match.

Thanks!

Brian
    Give GD customer service a call and they will tell you what they use. Have you vin handy. You can also do a parts look up on their site.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Give GD customer service a call and they will tell you what they use. Have you vin handy. You can also do a parts look up on their site.
    I did end up calling GD parts. They sell the fabric by the linear yard and it's 8 feet wide. Price is $11.48 per yard, very good price in my opinion.

I am impressed that it is possible to order a component down to this detail from Grand Design directly.

Brian
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    B&W Companion 20K
    Tireminder TPMS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I did end up calling GD parts. They sell the fabric by the linear yard and it's 8 feet wide. Price is $11.48 per yard, very good price in my opinion.

I am impressed that it is possible to order a component down to this detail from Grand Design directly.

Brian
    Are you saying you were able to order from GD directly and not go through a dealer -if so WOW and how did you do it and who did you talk to?
    Thanks
    Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Are you saying you were able to order from GD directly and not go through a dealer -if so WOW and how did you do it and who did you talk to?
    Thanks
    Keith
    Yes, I called GD customer service and was transferred to parts. Don't remember the name. Gave her the VIN and she looked through the parts list for that model (she said it was about 70 pages). I looked on the website for the manufacturer of the fabric, didn't look like they sold to end customers. She told me that since I wasn't working with a dealer on a repair, I could buy direct.

It sounded like this was a new service. She mentioned something about this only being the fourth week online, I wasn't sure if she meant due to Covid. I didn't ask.

Gave her a credit card number, and Bob's your uncle. I was amazed.

Brian
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    B&W Companion 20K
    Tireminder TPMS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd really be interested in seeing pictures of what owners have done to expand or modify their basement walls. Access panels and/or other ideas. Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I called GD customer service and was transferred to parts. Don't remember the name. Gave her the VIN and she looked through the parts list for that model (she said it was about 70 pages). I looked on the website for the manufacturer of the fabric, didn't look like they sold to end customers. She told me that since I wasn't working with a dealer on a repair, I could buy direct.

It sounded like this was a new service. She mentioned something about this only being the fourth week online, I wasn't sure if she meant due to Covid. I didn't ask.

Gave her a credit card number, and Bob's your uncle. I was amazed.

Brian
    When you get to the right person and/or make a well-placed relationship... Could be she's new too. The Customer Service office space was doubled late last year and it was clear when I was there they needed more able bodies with the skyrocketed unit ownership.

RV surplus shops in Northern Indiana and the next State up sell the last of the spools really cheap too. I bought just about 200 square feet for $16.

You could get dizzy imbibing all the ways we 5er owners mod the basements and bulkheads! Lol! Heck, I'm seriously considering putting in a PEX manifold when I clear out the rest of the vinyl tube!

My tip to you, if you camp in freezing weather, install a switched house current bulb socket with 100W incandescent bulb behind the bulkhead on the wet side. Then when cold weather camping with full hookups, just turn the light on and use your electric fireplace/space heater as you won't need to run the furnace or have a trickling faucet to prevent freezing! The bulb will be enough.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brian
    Wish I had called GD a year or so ago. Just called them last week to get this matching fabric and the lady helping me quoted me $35.35/lin yard !
    Steve & Kelly - Newly Retired
    2023 F-350 Lariat DRW
    2021 Momentum 376THS, 8k axles w/disc, DP windows, factory solar

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two options: 1) I cut the existing panel and reconfigured the space without having to acquire any additional materials (other than some 1X for backing strips and some L-brackets). 2) Shops that do car audio installations carry the material for use as speaker covering (sub-woofers). I would try option #1 first and see if you need anything else.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used the following (slightly different grey than OEM but close enough) - same material though. Need 3M - 777 adhesive spray to attach it to the wood backing.

https://www.amazon.com/Polymat-Charc...4622312&sr=8-8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast