User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not going as planned

Just a vent really, but maybe someone else can feel better about their new RV.

Struck a deal with a dealer a few weeks a go for a 2021 353G that was going to be shipped to them. Had a scheduled walk through and delivery date of today 1/28. I drove 4 hours and stayed in a hotel last night. I arrived at the dealer just after 9:30 this morning and within a few minutes was on the walk through. We covered all of the outside as my excitement to hook up and take this beast home grew. We then entered into the main living area and covered this space opening every cabinet and drawer, testing the oven, stove, heat and AC. All is going GREAT. We then moved into the main bath and bedroom. I am in love with this trailer at this point. We then made our way to the garage area. I didn’t even make it all the way in. I notice right away this unit did not have the half bath option which we had the sales person verify 3 times during negotiations as this is a must for us. I said we are done here and walked out of the RV.

I sat in the dealership for almost 3 more hours while they tried to find a solution. I left and drove 4 hours back home with no RV. At this point the dealership is working with their factory rep to try and get one with options I want, but can they within my timeline. We have a trip schedule for March. They are still working on it and I hope to know tomorrow. Right now I am just very disappointed.

This was a HUGE letdown today, but I am trying to stay positive and hope that the dealer can make it right.

Thanks for listening. . Just had to get it off my chest and hopefully make someone else feel better.
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 HO Cummins
    2021 Momentum 353G

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cclickva View Post

Struck a deal with a dealer a few weeks a go for a 2021 353G that was going to be shipped to them. Had a scheduled walk through and delivery date of today 1/28. I drove 4 hours and stayed in a hotel last night. I arrived at the dealer just after 9:30 this morning and within a few minutes was on the walk through. We covered all of the outside as my excitement to hook up and take this beast home grew. We then entered into the main living area and covered this space opening every cabinet and drawer, testing the oven, stove, heat and AC. All is going GREAT. We then moved into the main bath and bedroom. I am in love with this trailer at this point. We then made our way to the garage area. I didn’t even make it all the way in. I notice right away this unit did not have the half bath option which we had the sales person verify 3 times during negotiations as this is a must for us. I said we are done here and walked out of the RV.

I sat in the dealership for almost 3 more hours while they tried to find a solution. I left and drove 4 hours back home with no RV. At this point the dealership is working with their factory rep to try and get one with options I want, but can they within my timeline. We have a trip schedule for March. They are still working on it and I hope to know tomorrow. Right now I am just very disappointed.

This was a HUGE letdown today, but I am trying to stay positive and hope that the dealer can make it right.

Thanks for listening. . Just had to get it off my chest and hopefully make someone else feel better.
    Thats a big disappointment. [emoji27] hopefully they can make it right in time for you.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thankfully, we didn't have any issues, other than a self-induced one where I broke the galley sewer dump pipe.

I would recommend calling Grand Design Sales, once the dealer says they have things straightened out. Make sure you have the VIN of your coach. Ask the sales rep at Grand Design to verify and validate the build of the coach. Take their name and extension if possible. That way you have it from the house mouth, per say.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Thankfully, we didn't have any issues, other than a self-induced one where I broke the galley sewer dump pipe.

I would recommend calling Grand Design Sales, once the dealer says they have things straightened out. Make sure you have the VIN of your coach. Ask the sales rep at Grand Design to verify and validate the build of the coach. Take their name and extension if possible. That way you have it from the house mouth, per say.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, The good news at this point is that the sales team agrees they promised the second bath. There are enough people on record for that.
    2021 Momentum 353G

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bummer. Glad you stuck to your guns and did not settle for a rig which was not what you had agreed on. Good Luck and let us know how it turns out
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you stuck to your guns and didn't take the mistake. Good to hear dealer is working with you. Bummer about missed trip.'

Any chance the dealer can give you a loaner of something just so you can go?

I got some bad vibes when I got a call with the build date. Something wasn't right. I called GD and spike to someone there who I had worked with at the RV show where I bought mine. He verified the wrong one was ordered (310GK vs. 310GK-R). Fortunately we got it straightened out with only a 3 week delay.

Hang in there - better days are ahead.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for your situation.

Current builds are 12-14 weeks on Momentum's.

Maybe the Rep can pull some strings and "steal" one from somewhere else.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a quick update: The dealer had one on order coming off the line later this month and they were able to change/Add all of the options I want. Looking like a last week of Feb or first week of March delivery. I really hope it works this time. If not I will be kicking myself as the local dealer near me has the unit I want sitting on their lot right now. I just refuse to do business with them if I have other options.
    2021 Momentum 353G

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a quick update: The dealer had one on order coming off the line later this month and they were able to change/Add all of the options I want. Looking like a last week of Feb or first week of March delivery. I really hope it works this time. If not I will be kicking myself as the local dealer near me has the unit I want sitting on their lot right now. I just refuse to do business with them if I have other options.
    Maybe a call to Grand Design to confirm might be a good idea. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep us posted. I'm sure they will make it right this time around. We're keeping our fingers crossed for you.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast