User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

22MLE Arrived w/ Minor Issues

Greetings all, our 22mle was delivered yesterday from the Transport company we hired (excellent job if anyone needs a recommendation) and I've not had heaps of time to go over everything yet, but have had a few things pop up. Maybe I am being picky? It's our first trailer.

I don't see how to post photos so will explain in short.

3 of our upper cabinet doors are pretty warped. The worst one is a gap at the top of about 3/4" and one won't even stay latched while the other 2 latch, but can tell it's not as well as the kitchen cabinets/ drawers.

Pass through storage latch was messed up. Easily fixed by me.

Cover to the water heater was installed poorly, one of the tabs the door hangs from was ripped away, I was able to remove it and bent it slightly back in place, but not sure it won't rip away again as it's already stretched the metal.

The T shapped latch that holds the door open is broken on one side. I spent $10 and ordered a new one.

I hope this is all I find, not stressed about the small things I can fix, but the cabinet doors irk me a little.

Opinions?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you have it delivered from the dealer without looking at in person?

The doors should have been identified by the dealer when they did a PDI. They should be replaced under warranty for sure. I'd call the dealer that sold it to you and see what their response is and go from there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Did you have it delivered from the dealer without looking at in person?

The doors should have been identified by the dealer when they did a PDI. They should be replaced under warranty for sure. I'd call the dealer that sold it to you and see what their response is and go from there.

Correct. It was delivered from NV to OR.

I messaged the sales guy and he said sounded like warranty work also, so you're spot on. Meant to take photos and send them over so they can open a claim I guess?
    A little irritating they didn't notice it as they had it for 2-3 weeks before it could be picked up and it took me 3 minutes to see.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree it is irritating. At least the dealer is responsive to it, hope you get taken care of in a reasonable time frame. Also hope they dont make you come get it. On my 399, i was able to have GD send me some parts directly which would probably be helpful in your case.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Agree it is irritating. At least the dealer is responsive to it, hope you get taken care of in a reasonable time frame. Also hope they dont make you come get it. On my 399, i was able to have GD send me some parts directly which would probably be helpful in your case.

How were you able to have GD send parts? I can 100% install a cabinet door. If it were summer and I could work outside, I'd probably even try and warp them back using the heat, clamps and weight, but it's nasty out.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Jane View Post
    How were you able to have GD send parts? I can 100% install a cabinet door. If it were summer and I could work outside, I'd probably even try and warp them back using the heat, clamps and weight, but it's nasty out.
    I called GD customer service and they had me send pictures of the part in question. They've worked with me directly on a handful of things. Although, I had a bent awning arm which they would only allow me to take it to a dealer for repair. I would think for cabinets they would allow you to do it. You should explain how far you are from a GD dealer to help your case or they might send the doors to a local GD dealer if you have one.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome. I appreciate the tip, I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what they say. It's reasonable to think they would just send them here, but totally get that larger or more in depth things be done by a facility.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, with warped doors aside, welcome aboard!

Thanks for joining the 22MLE cult. Nice little RV if I say so myself but then I'm bias.

Enjoy!
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the 22mle gang. I hope you love yours as much as we do. The cabinets doors should be covered by the warranty.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appreciate that! We are looking forward to putting it to use.

Called GD this AM, he was on board to send the cabinet doors directly to me. Just need to take some photos and measurements to make sure I get the correct ones.

I forgot to ask about the water heater cover that has the slightly bent hinge. Does y'alls cover sit flush against the side of the RV? Curious to know if it's normal or if the hinge issue is preventing it from sitting flush.

Appreciate the input!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast