User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
    When talking about batteries, there is a rated charge/discharge rate that the cells can handle safely. Sometimes this is limited by the built-in BMS and not the cells themselves. Generally speaking, the harder you run your cells, the quicker they will degrade.

Lead Acid batteries cannot produce or take power at rates as high as lithium and therefore typically have lower charge/discharge rates. They do not "perform" as highly.

One way that charge rates are referred to is the C rating. The concept is that a battery has a 1c discharge rate if it can supply its full energy in one hour. That means a 100 Ah battery can serve up 100 A for 1 hour. Typically Lithium batteries commonly can perform at 1c with bursts to 2c safely. This battery is limited to .5c with 100 Ah size and 50 A max continuous discharge rate. This is a potential red flag of either a bottom priced BMS or low cell quality or both - either of which can contribute to the lower cost.
    Good post CWD. We deal with C ratings all the time in RC airplanes. Never realized the big lithium batteries used them too, duh!
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Several people recommended: DAKOTA LITHIUM 12V 100AH BATTERY
    Regardless of the price what are your thoughts on this one?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not heard anything bad about them. They spend a good bit on facebook ad marketing. Just a newer offering it seems.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
    Several people recommended: DAKOTA LITHIUM 12V 100AH BATTERY
    Regardless of the price what are your thoughts on this one?

You started this thread looking for a cheaper Lithium battery, at $899 I don't count the Dakota battery as being cheaper than the Battle Born batteries.

If you are looking in this price range, Escapee members get a very good discount on Battle Born batteries so that might a good solution for getting a good deal on a good battery.

As far as Dakota batteries go, I have two of their smaller batteries (10 ah) and I like them very much.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://batteryuniversity.com/ has massive info as the name suggests. Not as much fun as Will...

My 3 Lion Energy UT1300s will do us for a week. So small and lightweight! Good warranty from a large US company at a good price.
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't have them yet but 105amp SOK batteries at $569 are getting great reviews. Will Prowse thinks they're the best at their price. They sell out fast and I think the waiting list is sometime in April. IMO they're worth a look.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdux999 View Post
    Don't have them yet but 105amp SOK batteries at $569 are getting great reviews. Will Prowse thinks they're the best at their price. They sell out fast and I think the waiting list is sometime in April. IMO they're worth a look.
    SOKs are at the top of my shortlist but I'm looking at the 200AH batteries. Awhile back Amazon had them for around $900. Latest price I saw was $1100. But they are out of stock again. I suspect the price will jump again when they do get them back in stock. Still a lot cheaper than the 200AH BattleBorns.
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2020 F150 XLT V6 EcoBoost SuperCrew 4x4 w/Max trailer towing package

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are your thoughts about the "SCREMOWER LiFePO4 Battery 12V 100Ah Up to 7000 Deep Cycle Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery with BMS"?

On Amazon they are $496 each and it comes with a separate charger. Do you think this is a good price and brand?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08G8HXNJK/ref=emc_b_5_t
    Say the brand name quickly... sounds like "screw 'em over"... I often wonder what some of those brand names translate to in English.

Seriously, as already posted, cheap lithium batteries may be more trouble than they are worth.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm looking to buy one inexpensive 12 volt 100 Amp Lithium Battery.
    Does anyone know of any deals out there?

Thanks for your help in advance.
    The Lion Energy batteries are great batteries! We have 4 of their UT1300s, and they've worked great for us. I had some questions on proper charger configuration early on a Saturday, and they responded within 2 hours. I'm impressed.

Setting Up Camp Have Griff Will Travel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
    Low price lithium battery. Those words should never be right next to each other.

Seriously, I would stay with a more mainstream known quantity of battery like the Battleborn or Lion Energy.
    Can't really go wrong with Battleborn! Initial cost is high, but over a long period of time they pay off. And with Battleborn you get fantastic customer service.
    Philip & Nancy
    2019 Ram 3500 Laramie
    2020 Reflection 303RLS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast