User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 28bh furnace ducts

Hi everyone we just purchased a 2021 Reflection 28bh. Looking at the pictures that we took we are noticing that there appears to be only one furnace duct in the entire main living area and that is in the stairs. I don’t see how this is going to heat the whole main area in cooler weather. I realize the fireplace also has heat but not counting that I’m wondering if anybody can speak to their experiences with this?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey28bh View Post
    Hi everyone we just purchased a 2021 Reflection 28bh. Looking at the pictures that we took we are noticing that there appears to be only one furnace duct in the entire main living area and that is in the stairs. I don’t see how this is going to heat the whole main area in cooler weather. I realize the fireplace also has heat but not counting that I’m wondering if anybody can speak to their experiences with this?
    We have a 26RL, smaller than you are, but we typically mainly use the fireplace to heat the whole rig. It's pretty efficient.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you sure that's not the return air? We've used our 28bh in weather down into the 30° range and have had no issues keeping the entire trailer warm. We will run (on shore power) both the central heating and the electric furnace.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe I am wrong? Where are the return ducts in the 28bh? The one in the stairs is the only register I can see in the main area

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe I am wrong? Where are the return ducts in the 28bh? The one in the stairs is the only register I can see in the main area
    I can't remember right now. I doubt that's the only outlet, because when we run the central heating, the entire trailer heats up, even the master bedroom.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, there is another one in the bunk room.

Ken
    2020 Reflection 31MB Fifth Wheel
    2007 Ford F350 diesel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a 290BH which is sort of similar to the 28BH layout and we had a heat vent under the flip up countertop by the sink. Not sure if the 28BH has one there or not.
    2021 RAM 3500 DRW 6.7 HO Cummins
    2021 Solitude 3550BH-R w/factory solar

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this reply is probably too late to make a difference, but the 28BH return ducts are behind the trifold sofa in the living area. To the left of the fuse box.

I also use the electric fireplace before kicking on the gas heat. But I’m not boondocking.

I haven’t noticed another heating duct besides the one on the stairs you are talking about. But I’ve never had a problem keeping my rig warm.

But I do live / camp in the southeast. 20 degrees is the coldest I have camped.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for this info. Much appreciated.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. The 28bh also used have one there I have noticed by looking at older models. Not sure why they took it out.