User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobWNY View Post
    When traveling, is it ok to have the outside fridge packed? Even though they are AC only, I'm sure they would stay cold for several hours. I'm thinking things like water, soda, beer. Things like that or would I likely find the contents all over the place when I open up the kitchen door since it's just the door seal keeping it closed? I could install a latch or put a bungee around it but I really don't want to do that.
    We keep our emergency beverage (beer!) in the outdoor fridge when we're traveling so that as soon as we park, we can grab a beer! Sometimes, we have to be careful opening the door, but nothing has fallen out. It's always cold when we arrive. The tension rods are a good idea, though.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 29RS
    2017 Ford F-250 Diesel "King Ranch"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    Yes that would be OK. I have installed an inverter and automatic switch to the line that the outdoor fridge is on so that it has AC power when we travel. We can't access the indoor fridge without opening the slide so I like to have sandwiches and other things in the outdoor fridge for food stops. It works very well with the inverter.

Rob
    I have the same issue and desire. Have to put out at least 1 slide and we also pack sandwiches and such. Where did you buy the inverter and switch and how do you install it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MachWun View Post
    I have the same issue and desire. Have to put out at least 1 slide and we also pack sandwiches and such. Where did you buy the inverter and switch and how do you install it.
    If you look at post #19 that gives the info as to what I used and where I bought the stuff.

1. Foound which breaker (120V line goes to outdoor fridge) Need this line to go to the automatic transfer switch.
    2. Wire the inverter to the 12V bus.
    3. mount the inverter and transfer switch. I mounted mine in the hutch where my power center and breaker panel is. Just had enough room to mount it all.
    4. Wire the 120V line to the transfer switch. I used a home junction box for safety for all of the 120V connections.

Easy if you have some electrical experience but if you don't have any experience or have done it before I would recommend the dealer or someone with experience to do it. Electrical can be very dangerous and if not done right can be a hazard.

PS Make sure you always turn off all power both 12V and 120V before you start you mod.

If you have specific questions please ask.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

inverter outside fridge

Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    Yes that would be OK. I have installed an inverter and automatic switch to the line that the outdoor fridge is on so that it has AC power when we travel. We can't access the indoor fridge without opening the slide so I like to have sandwiches and other things in the outdoor fridge for food stops. It works very well with the inverter.

Rob
    Sounds like a great idea. Any chance you could send me info of how you did this? Thanks!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ptraney View Post
    Sounds like a great idea. Any chance you could send me info of how you did this? Thanks!
    Please see post #23 .

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123