User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, she won't drive the rig, but I wish she would.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She is in charge of the golf cart trailer behind her jeep, can't seem to talk her into pulling the camper.
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Generally no. She drives the truck regularly, but she has only towed our trailer (the one previous to what's in my sig) one time. She did fine, and she could handle this one no problem, but when we drive anywhere as a family (towing or not), I almost always do the driving. Tradition. And I get car sick as a passenger much more easily than she does.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife has no desire to learn how to back up a trailer. I guess it’s not very exciting. She likes working as an ER Nurse, riding her motorcycle, getting her pilot’s license and other exiting challenges.

But if asked, she will relieve me and drive the RV on long trips, but only when on interstates.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Sorry. I'm new here, that is over a year old, and this search give very strange answers.
    2017 Imagine 2150RB
    2018 Titan CC 4x4

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Capability vs desire vs necessity. My wife has no issue running down the interstate with the 5th wheel behind her. She doesn't like to drive the rig in tight spaces, towns, parking, etc. And unfortunately I blame a lot of that on me. It seems when she is trying to maneuver our home in tight areas her passenger starts making these gasping, sucking noises while gripping the armrest until his knuckles go white. She doesn't quite understand why I get nervous when she runs the wheels up on the curb and the pedestrians have to scatter to survive.

She has a bad neck, so when it comes time for her to back the RV into a spot her neck starts to hurt while craning it around to see where the RV is going. She's not a big gauge person, while climbing up over mountain passes that little C-H thingy on the dash doesn't draw much attention from her. She did ask me about the "hot engine" light one time. And coming down the other side her comment was "Wow, were really going fast!". More gasping sucking gripping noises.

So over our 10 pulling history we have come to terms with all of this. I know full well that she is capable of learning and doing all of it. If I would just learn to relax a little. So our current agreement is she will pull the RV on straight flat low traffic sections, she is really scared of me taking a little senior nap during these times. I get to drive the rest of the time.

Since I tend to anticipate things in life I give Good Sams Travel Assist a bunch of money each year for the promise that should I meet an early demise they will deliver the RV anyplace in the US that she desires. After all, nobody wants to hear gasping sucking white knuckle sounds from somebody in the grave.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ACDogs View Post
    Sorry. I'm new here, that is over a year old, and this search give very strange answers.
    I just put it out there for those that wanted to read it, not as a you should have looked for it. Relax and enjoy
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as we’ve been together my wife has been pulling loaded cattle trailers where ever we needed to go so when the 303rls came along she had no issues, says it’s not that different in her opinion. Except now she wants tpms and a camera on all the trailers...

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I married a farm girl. She can drive anything! We generally drive both an SUV with a fishing boat and a truck with a camper. We fight over who "gets" to drive the truck.
    Timmer
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS
    2015 Ford F350, 6.2L Gas, Crew Cab

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No and since the reply is too short, no again.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast