User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife has never towed a trailer - the speed at which she towed the double Seadoo trailer with our Escape 18 years ago was enough to ban her from driving the E350 tow vehicle. With this trailer, however, I plan to have her practice so in case something happens to me, she could.
    Mark and Judy
    USN/USAF family (parents and kids)
    2021 F350 Lariat Crew 4x4 SRW 7.3 Godzilla
    2021 Imagine 2500RL w/Hensley Arrow hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never Know

Like many others here, my wife has never pulled the trailer. Last summer, after having to take me home from the hospital when I broke 6 ribs, my wife drove the truck for the first time. It was a 275 mile trip through NW Ontario. She did great but I felt every bump on the road. She is not comfortable with a trailer attached.

You just never know when life changes the driving arrangements.

[QUOTE=2ACDogs;351536]Just curious how many women share driving duty whatever your truck/trailer combo might be. I usually just drive if it's going to be 3 hours or less but if the drive is long enough to need a stop we both drive. Always have from the first pop-up 35 years ago. We're still sorting out this new to us TT and have done a couple of close by weekend trips so she hasn't yet but is looking forward to it. We do try to time it so I'm at the wheel when we go through cities but she's been in heavy traffic a few times and did fine. We've done 600 mile days trading off and you're tired at the end but not wiped out.

My sister and BIL took delivery of a new 2500HD Silverado in October and have a new 32' Jayco 5th wheel sitting on the dealer's lot covered in snow in Pa and she hasn't even driven the truck yet and has no intention of pulling the trailer.

And if you're the main driver and female I'm not being sexist, it just seems that the great majority of posters here are of the male gender so that's who I'm addressing.[/QUOTE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL, dangerous topic to start up. Personally there are many great female drivers, so I have nothing against them. But in my case, my spouse does not drive with the 5th Wheel attached for several good reasons. My unit is 43 feet long with out the length of the F350. 2nd, units over 40 ft in Texas require the driver to be licensed with a CDL class A license. Each state is unique, and you should consider the states that you travel through. One thing I found extremely helpful for my wife as well as me, is the Furion camera system with 360 view.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wife can handle the dually OK as long as the camper's not hooked to it!

Hat's off to the ladies willing to drive any kind of RV.
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 377MBS

2017 Ford F-350 Lariat DRW...FX4...4.10's...White Gold/Caribou with Black interior. Curt Q20 hitch. BakFlip MX4

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GF drives and tows everything I do. That's the RV, gooseneck trailer and she tows her horse trailer. I do Raton Pass. She tows through the "big cities" of Wichita Falls and Amarillo...
    On our long trips from TX to CO we switch off driving every 2.5 to 3 hours.
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ACDogs View Post
    Just curious how many women share driving duty whatever your truck/trailer combo might be. I usually just drive if it's going to be 3 hours or less but if the drive is long enough to need a stop we both drive. Always have from the first pop-up 35 years ago. We're still sorting out this new to us TT and have done a couple of close by weekend trips so she hasn't yet but is looking forward to it. We do try to time it so I'm at the wheel when we go through cities but she's been in heavy traffic a few times and did fine. We've done 600 mile days trading off and you're tired at the end but not wiped out.

My sister and BIL took delivery of a new 2500HD Silverado in October and have a new 32' Jayco 5th wheel sitting on the dealer's lot covered in snow in Pa and she hasn't even driven the truck yet and has no intention of pulling the trailer.

And if you're the main driver and female I'm not being sexist, it just seems that the great majority of posters here are of the male gender so that's who I'm addressing.
    Yes she does but mostly on interstates where there are 2 lanes. But one time, when I broke my ankle, she had to get us home while I writhed in pain in the back seat the day after a visit to the emergency room. What a trooper.
    I recommend a back up driver for all couples here.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678