Thread: Mods to 351M

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mods to 351M

Finally got around to installing my hardwired ems this weekend. It's been on a shelf in the garage for a year and since I also had a portable just never took time to get it done. While I had the wall out I did the wall mod to open it up. Helps a lot in that small basement. I also moved the vacuum. When loading I always had to make sure nothing was going to hit it while traveling so it did not get damage or turned on. Thinking about turning around the battery disconnect and inverter remote switch to inside wall of front storage. Then the basement storage would have clean wall with nothing to get hit while bouncing down the road.
    Can't get pictures to load. Will add them when I figure out what's going on.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pictures on enlarged storage bin.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20210301_175958783.jpg   IMG_20210301_180011857.jpg   IMG_20210228_185405937.jpg   IMG_20210227_165313174.jpg  
    2021 351MR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks great!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon07 View Post
    Finally got around to installing my hardwired ems this weekend. It's been on a shelf in the garage for a year and since I also had a portable just never took time to get it done. While I had the wall out I did the wall mod to open it up. Helps a lot in that small basement. I also moved the vacuum. When loading I always had to make sure nothing was going to hit it while traveling so it did not get damage or turned on. Thinking about turning around the battery disconnect and inverter remote switch to inside wall of front storage. Then the basement storage would have clean wall with nothing to get hit while bouncing down the road.
    Can't get pictures to load. Will add them when I figure out what's going on.
    I was going to tackle the basement wall at the end of the month. Glad you beat me to the punch so I can ask some questions! LOL

1) Did you have to change anything where you moved the vacuum cleaner? I know the LCI panel is behind there as well as the spray port, just wasn't sure about clearance.
    2) Did you just move/reuse the current walls? Did you have to cut any new walls and add carpet?
    2b) If you did have to cut new walls, where did you get the carpet from?

Thanks!!
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would also like to know about the project

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    I was going to tackle the basement wall at the end of the month. Glad you beat me to the punch so I can ask some questions! LOL

1) Did you have to change anything where you moved the vacuum cleaner? I know the LCI panel is behind there as well as the spray port, just wasn't sure about clearance.
    2) Did you just move/reuse the current walls? Did you have to cut any new walls and add carpet?
    2b) If you did have to cut new walls, where did you get the carpet from?

Thanks!!
    I did not run the vac hose in front of the LCI panel like in the picture. I remove hoses from y pipe and pulled them through behind panel. This leaves one hose to long so I cut it off about 12in. I will need to measure that to be sure. You will need that longer piece to run from y to vac housing. Theirs enough room to fit it in with no problem. The wires that run to vac are plenty long enough. I will get more pictures of how the pipe's were ran. It was an easy mod. I took the two screws out of the dustpan, pulled hose through and then stuck it back through the hole going toward the outside door. I took panel with the vac and pulled back the felt and cut it back to 1 1/12 in from vac housing and that put vac right inside door. I took the first panel that was inside door over LCI control and moved it down to where the vac use to be. This left 32" from door to that panel so had to cut the panel with vac housing down to 32". I used that leftover piece for the end wall. That left 24 3/4 in. from end wall to water panel. I used a piece of 3/8 shelfing board I already had and covered it with felt I got at Jo-Anns Fabrics for $5.99 yard. Any fabric stores carry it in many different colors. The fabric is easy to pull back, cut the panel and then reglue. I'm sure I left out something so leave me a message. PM me if you want my #. I'm better at telling someone over the phone than typing direction.
    2021 351MR

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great tips! Thank you! If I get in to a bind, I'll PM you for your number. Thanks so much!
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since the Momentum come's with minimal lighting on the rear, I added another one about the same height as a third brake light on a suv.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20210322_195448882_LI.jpg  
    2021 351MR

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks great. Want to do both mods.

What lights did you use in the rear? I’m
    Looking at optronics.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobster Poutine View Post
    Looks great. Want to do both mods.

What lights did you use in the rear? I’m
    Looking at optronics.
    Lot's of them on Amazon. these were nilight 16" 11 led only $17.89 that I had purchased for a enclosed trailer that I sold.
    2021 351MR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast