User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our new Solitude is white!

We ordered a new S class 3740BH Dec 4, after viewing a 2021 on the dealers lot. It was beige, the traditional color. Our unit came in last week and we were very surprised to see that it was white! I knew the Reflections had gone white, but did not know the color change was to the entire Grand Design lineup. Our rig was exactly as ordered, with 3 ac’s. We can’t wait to pick it up this week!

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on the 3740. We have been considering moving to that model along with a couple of others. A general manager at a nearby dealer indicated to us, a few weeks ago, that the entire line up newly manufactured GD units will use the white fiberglass. Supposedly not as prone to fading as the beige.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats! We had a similar experience with our Reflection. We looked at them for a couple years and liked the beige. When we decided to buy, we knew GD had changed them to white. At first we didn't like it nearly as much and were a little disappointed. Now we like it better than the beige. Funny how perception of something changes over time.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, congratulations on your new 3740 ! Really nice units especially with the new look interior too. Carol and I really like the new look in and out. We saw a 390 Solitude locally a couple weeks ago and dealers have had the white units for even longer.

On other social media GDRV corporate marketing/social media folks were soliciting feedback on changing the Solitude line to white exterior going back several weeks ago. I think one of the GDRV Ambassadors had a video doing the same as well as the interior changes. While they were all asking for feedback, I think we all know how these things work and the decision was already made by GDRV long ago.

Trends, competition, and time for a refresh for the Solitudes was in order. Possibly even lower materials costs with having all white exteriors across several lines and maybe greater production efficiencies/cost reductions as well.

I have not heard that the beige tones were susceptible to fading. We have seen pictures and had reports of fading/chalking with the darker browns (particularly on the nose cap) and certainly with decals as is no surprise for units spending considerable time in the sun.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    I have not heard that the beige tones were susceptible to fading. We have seen pictures and had reports of fading/chalking with the darker browns (particularly on the nose cap) and certainly with decals as is no surprise for units spending considerable time in the sun.
    That was a statement from the GM of the dealership. Makes sense, I suppose, but don't know if that is based in fact or was just a theory.

Over the years, I have had several different colored boats - from black to navy to gray to white and even a sliver & gray metal-flake Glastron back in the 80s None faded at all, but the navy (Four Winns) and white boats (Cobalt) chalked some. Maybe it was the quality of the fiberglass and gel coat, maybe it was the washing and waxing. Maybe it was the Georgia sun.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind of funny how GD has so much social media exposure and still doesn't/can't/won't keep their website updated. They aren't alone. Other manufacturers are slow too. It's just kind of exasperating when one wants to see the latest information. Maybe the change snuck up on them and they didn't see it coming....
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Kind of funny how GD has so much social media exposure and still doesn't/can't/won't keep their website updated. They aren't alone. Other manufacturers are slow too. It's just kind of exasperating when one wants to see the latest information. Maybe the change snuck up on them and they didn't see it coming....
    Dealers are the same way. You can't believe what their inventory says.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes! Grand Design has returned to supporting the bleak streak remover product manufacturers!!!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania