User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought my Chevy just 6 weeks ago, I assume all manufacturers are facing similar supply issues with Covid and with the end of year run for tax breaks in December clearing out inventories. Price breaks below MSRP are few and far between due to supply issues, so current Ford incentives are about all you're going to get. At least in January, Chevy/GM had way better incentives - about 6k off MSRP total.

If you have a Consumer Report membership, log in and go to the car section. There is an option to fill out a form for what you want and then all the dealers in the area will come to you with what they have. It's only good for a certain metro area, but you can submit more than one request for pricing at a time. If you don't have a membership, you can sign up for online access - it's pretty inexpensive.

FWIW on your current TV, I was in the same boat with older vehicles this past year and ended up selling two by myself. Trade ins are always going to lose you money. A nice diesel TV gets good money, but they are still going to undercut you so they can resell at full price. For both cars I sold, I made about 25% more on personal sale and was still able to undercut full retail a bit so they sold quick. If you don't own TV outright, that can present more of a problem to get the title transferred, but it's doable.
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Autotrader will help you find the truck you’re looking for. I drove 4 hours to Atlanta and got our 450 in January. Traded our 250 in on it. All of our negotiations were over the phone, text or email. I got invoiced quotes from 8 different dealers so I could comp them and get best discount as well as most for my trade. You can make more selling privately but I got more than my truck was worth as it was the only leverage I had on getting a better overall deal. Watch closely on dealer fees. It was rather amazing the range over the 8 dealers. Easily 4-5k spread.
    As far the 450’s they aren’t staying on the lot long at all. Dealers are ordering them as soon as they sell one. 12 weeks has been very consistent on delivery of an ordered truck. Some dealers will order at invoice pricing less any discounts and they don’t care if you’re out of state. Some require $500-$1000 to place the order that goes towards purchase price and is refundable if you cancel.
    My local dealer has a platinum 450 due to arrive in the next week or so. He had a king ranch that sold in 2 weeks on his lot. They sell way more 250 and 350 trucks but are realizing the shortage of 450’s so are keeping one or more available and they aren’t doing dealer trades so your local dealer won’t be able to see what you can find on Autotrader.
    Best of luck. We love our 450.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just ordered a F250 Super cab with the 7.3 gas & 4.30 rear. Join your states farm bureau, there're giving $500 incentive with a purchase of a new Super Duty. The offer ends 1/3/2022.
    You must be a member of the farm bureau for 30 days. The membership cost me $100 for the year, but it gave me $500 cash incentive.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered a modest F350 DRW in November built to my specs and got the $250 Ford Incentive and a $500 Dealer discount, nothing more.
    I went with the XLT because I prefer cloth over leather interior, 14,000 payload, 6.7L PS, 3.55 rear end, Gooseneck Prep and Kit, Ultimate Trailer Package.
    I tow a Solitude 375RES (about 16,000+ pounds loaded). I am very impressed with the truck and towing experience!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in Texas took me 4 months to find one. F450 were practically none existent. I was looking in the Dallas, Houston, Austin and San Antonio markets. They were no 450 and 3 350 in all in SA. I talked to a big dealer in Houston he said he normally has over 40 duallys he had 4. A dealer in Dallas wanted a 5k premium over MSRP.

I finally found one in Austin In late November. 2020 F350 lariat 6.7 long bed dually with led lights, lane departure warning, full tow package (5th wheel prep, UTT), adaptive cruise, 4.10 rearend. Had a 78200 MSRP. I picked it up for 68292.

Ive since added a Retrax rolltop cover, airlift 7500 airbags and a 50 gal aux fuel tank with matching tool box that fits under the rolltop, B&W companion hitch.

I tow a 2021 momentum 397 with morryde rubber pinbox, 17.5 Hs, cre3000 and Ive added roadmaster shocks to all 3 axles.
    2021 Grand Design Momentum 397th
    MORryde Rubber Pinbox, CRE 3000, Sumo Springs
    2020 F-350 CC DRW Diesel, LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate
    B&W 20K Companion Hitch, ATTA 50g Aux Fuel Tank

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12