User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Discounts (or lack thereof) on F350 DRW and F450

Anyone else in the market right now and seeing discounts worth considering?

Have been working with a few Ford dealers, one in VA and two in NC, on a 2021 F350 DRW or F450. In stock inventory is extremely low for either model in an up-optioned Lariat, King Ranch or Platinum. Probably more F450s than F350s, though. Anyway, after several days of working with these dealers and nearly begging for a quote, I have only received phone quotes from the two dealer's in NC. The one in VA keeps promising, but doesn't follow up. (We bought my wife's Expedition from them last fall, but the sales manager with whom we dealt with directly has left). One of the verbal quotes I received was $250 off MSRP because "that is the incentive Ford is offering". The other quote was for $500 off MSRP - $250 factory rebate and $250 trade bonus. They know I am a serious and ready buyer. I see some larger discounts off MSRP on other dealer websites, but nearly all are 400+ miles away. Also, since we live down 3 miles of gravel roads that turn our vehicles gravel gray anytime it rains, trying to stay away from white or black units which further limits inventory options. According to VA dealer I've been working with, if I order an F350, looking at 12-week delivery time, a little longer on the F450.

I'd rather trade my current TV instead of dealing with selling it myself, so that is a consideration for trying to stay with a dealer closer to home. I know I could do better selling it outright, but have some work commitments and an upcoming surgery that will have me unavailable and out of commission for several months or more. I was hopeful we could get this done before my surgery.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the truck market the way it is, selling your current truck should be easy .... Check out some of the MD dealerships also - Century Ford, Koons Ford, etc.
    https://www.centuryfordmtairy.com/ne...8W4DT3MEC86268
    https://www.koonsford.com/new-invent...tm?model=F-450

This time last year I was able to get a very good deal on a 2020 F350 SRW Long Bed Platinum with a 12400 GVWR. Got mine at Century Ford.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can scope out the Ford dot com page for current offerings, there aren't much. For most dealers the F450's aren't good in their inventory. When shopping I saw the best prices in Ford Truck dealers that would require a lot of traveling. I felt lucky when I ran across a dealer in La Grande OR that had special ordered an F450 for a local rancher who subsequently backed out of the deal. Their mind set was that the F450 would have set in their inventory a long time before it could get sold, they were happy to see me.

Check RV trader for new trucks. The high volume discount dealers advertise there. Most will give you "book" value for your trade in without seeing it. A little quibbling if there is an apparent issue, but not much.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before you do the trade deal, I would suggest using Kelly Blue Book (kbb.com), and get an offer to buy your truck outright.

When purchasing my current truck, it was out of state, so I went first to the local Carmax, and got an offer. Then I went to kbb.com, entered in the details to include condition of my vehicle, and I got an offer to purchase it outright from a local dealer. They paid off the lien, and handed me a check. Granted it took about a week with them, but it was a great offer, and higher than I would have gotten on trade (I believe).

I could then negotiate for the new truck, on the merits of the truck and the deal, with no trade to worry about.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    Anyone else in the market right now and seeing discounts worth considering?

Have been working with a few Ford dealers, one in VA and two in NC, on a 2021 F350 DRW or F450. In stock inventory is extremely low for either model in an up-optioned Lariat, King Ranch or Platinum. Probably more F450s than F350s, though. Anyway, after several days of working with these dealers and nearly begging for a quote, I have only received phone quotes from the two dealer's in NC. The one in VA keeps promising, but doesn't follow up. (We bought my wife's Expedition from them last fall, but the sales manager with whom we dealt with directly has left). One of the verbal quotes I received was $250 off MSRP because "that is the incentive Ford is offering". The other quote was for $500 off MSRP - $250 factory rebate and $250 trade bonus. They know I am a serious and ready buyer. I see some larger discounts off MSRP on other dealer websites, but nearly all are 400+ miles away. Also, since we live down 3 miles of gravel roads that turn our vehicles gravel gray anytime it rains, trying to stay away from white or black units which further limits inventory options. According to VA dealer I've been working with, if I order an F350, looking at 12-week delivery time, a little longer on the F450.

I'd rather trade my current TV instead of dealing with selling it myself, so that is a consideration for trying to stay with a dealer closer to home. I know I could do better selling it outright, but have some work commitments and an upcoming surgery that will have me unavailable and out of commission for several months or more. I was hopeful we could get this done before my surgery.
    If you look thru my posts, you will see the window sticker on the truck on bought with MSRP (I think around $64Kish). I got an F350 DRW 3.55 6.7L 8 ft bed with BLIS, Ultimate Trailer Package, camper pkg, 5th wheel prep, STX for $58K on A plan. It would be not much more on X-plan or supplier discount, which is pretty common here is SE Michigan. But I also got $500 off the A plan price with those discounts. Of course the $58K is before title, tax, etc.. but so is MSRP, so I figure apples to apples.
    Last edited by WeirdAl; 03-02-2021 at 05:23 PM.
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    2021 F350 DRW 4x4 CC XL 176" WB 6.7L PSD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can get a quote from Carmax and Carvana on your current truck. Carvana will come take it out of your driveway. The only hard part here is that you won’t save taxes on the new vehicle. For me their offer was so much better though, it didn’t matter.

It couldn’t hurt to make an offer on one of these trucks. If there is what you want on a lot, tell them a number and see what they do. Could do the same with the faraway dealers, and if they play ball then also get them to quote your trade before you drive out there.

Market is tough right now, good luck.
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are not in a hurry you can join the Mustang Club of America and get X-Plan pricing ...

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In addition to Mustang Club you could join EAA.ORG or if you are a disabled vet DAV.Org to qualify for X plan. X plan is about invoice price or about 6% below MSRP, plus dealer fees are capped at $100. There’s a waiting period before qualifying. I believe it is 60 days.

Right now Ford is also offering another $500 below X-plan for DAV and EAA.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth13777 View Post
    You can get a quote from Carmax and Carvana on your current truck. Carvana will come take it out of your driveway. The only hard part here is that you won’t save taxes on the new vehicle. For me their offer was so much better though, it didn’t matter.
    Virginia is one of those fine states that assesses sales tax on the purchase price and does not consider the trade allowance/net price. For personal property tax on vehicles, they also get you for $4.50 of $100 of assessed value which is 85% of purchase price. For vehicles with GVWR under 10,000 lbs, there is tax relief on the first $20K of assessed value. So, on a $80,000 purchase price, VA gets $3320 in sales tax and another $3060 in property tax in the first year.

After re-reading what I just wrote, I'm now looking on Zillow for property in Florida.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    In addition to Mustang Club you could join EAA.ORG or if you are a disabled vet DAV.Org to qualify for X plan. X plan is about invoice price or about 6% below MSRP, plus dealer fees are capped at $100. There’s a waiting period before qualifying. I believe it is 60 days.

Right now Ford is also offering another $500 below X-plan for DAV and EAA.
    I don't have an x-plan partner membership, so would have to wait the 60 days. I did price out some 350 and 450s using the EAA partner code. According to a really knowledgeable sales rep I was introduced to by a forum member (thanks Jeff!), x-plan pricing on the trim levels I'm looking at would make about a $3000 difference vs best price without x-plan.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast