I just brought home my new Reflection 31MB and over the weekend I started getting acquainted with all the new gadgets. On the surface, GD seemed like a higher quality RV than most comparably priced trailers, so I was pleased with my choice.
I filled the water tank and found the water pump would take a long time to shut off and often came on by itself. I saw water dripping under the basement storage so I removed the covers to take a look. Wow, what a mess under there. The wiring looked like a rats nest, heater ducts not fastened, TV cable connections broken, and at least 6 water hose connections were leaking. I searched the forum and found dozens of posts about leaking water systems in GD RVs. Apparently they are using water hoses, clamps, and fittings that aren't compatible. They are using Pex system hoses, fittings, and clamps and fastening them to braided flexible hoses. The size of the flex hose is larger and won't seal properly to a Pex fitting. I also heard that GD is well aware of this but hasn't done anything about it. Many owners have totally re-plumbed their entire trailer! My dealer won't do that and neither will I so I'm just going to try to remove the Pex clamps that are leaking and install SS fuel injection clamps and hope that this solves the problem.
Needless to say, I'm not happy that GD would knowingly build an RV with substandard materials and poor workmanship. If you own or buy a GD trailer, keep and eye on all of the hose connections behind the Nautilus control panel because a slow water leak can cause serious damage after time.