User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nervous Newbie

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you mind if I ask how long you have had yours and whether you have had any problems or concerns with it that you could share? And thanks for responding to my post.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tephlin View Post
    Do you mind if I ask how long you have had yours and whether you have had any problems or concerns with it that you could share? And thanks for responding to my post.
    We bought ours in Nov 2019. Just two issues; there was a 15Amp main breaker installed instead of a 30Amp. Dealer fixed it quickly. The other was one recliner didn’t vibrate. I found the problem myself and fixed it, nothing big.

If you do a Search for 22mle you will see it’s a popular model and there are many threads. Also, a Forum tip, when responding to someone Click Reply With Quote like I did with your last post.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post
    We bought ours in Nov 2019. Just two issues; there was a 15Amp main breaker installed instead of a 30Amp. Dealer fixed it quickly. The other was one recliner didn’t vibrate. I found the problem myself and fixed it, nothing big.

If you do a Search for 22mle you will see it’s a popular model and there are many threads. Also, a Forum tip, when responding to someone Click Reply With Quote like I did with your last post.
    Thanks, can you tell I've never posted to a forum before? I really want to thank you and everyone else who has replied to my post. After much thought and soul searching we are thinking that because of our age (76) and (70) maybe we should just remember the good times we had camping years ago when we were young and could waterski, and kayak, and swing from ropes in trees into the lake. Maybe hotel rooms, car rides, and plane trips should be how we sight see and travel now. Oh well, thanks again to everyone and yall have fun and enjoy life!!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, can you tell I've never posted to a forum before? I really want to thank you and everyone else who has replied to my post. After much thought and soul searching we are thinking that because of our age (76) and (70) maybe we should just remember the good times we had camping years ago when we were young and could waterski, and kayak, and swing from ropes in trees into the lake. Maybe hotel rooms, car rides, and plane trips should be how we sight see and travel now. Oh well, thanks again to everyone and yall have fun and enjoy life!!
    Have you ever considered a class B or a small class C?

More money upfront but I think resale is good and a great way to travel

Without kids it would be my choice

Good luck in whatever you choose

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Have you ever considered a class B or a small class C?

More money upfront but I think resale is good and a great way to travel

Without kids it would be my choice

Good luck in whatever you choose

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Thanks, if I could find a good used small class c in good shape that has been taken good care of we might be able to afford one. The new ones especially class b are way out of our price range.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best of luck with your decision. It is a lot to consider.

Since you like the outdoors but maybe feel that RV ownership might be more than you want at this stage, perhaps rent a cabin at a campground.
    For example, KOA has campgrounds all over the US and they rent cabins. Some are near water so you could bring or rent a kayak or canoe. Many have fire-rings so you could have a camp fire at night to get the experience. Just a thought.
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PS - forgot to mention in my previous post. Here are two RV rental websites where you can rent Class B, C, travel trailers, etc. from owners. It’s kind of like Vacation Rental By Owner (VRBO) except for RVs.

https://www.outdoorsy.com/

https://rvshare.com/
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All great advice, especially the WDH, tire pressure monitoring, electronic brake controller and Goodsam or AAA road side assistance. If you are going to have strong side wind gusts, consider just waiting a day to travel.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes all great advice you received so far. Keep us posted on your decision. We really love our 22mle. If you do decide to go forward with we will all be here to answer any questions. Like others have mentioned so far, wider turns, look up, good surge protector, good reputable TPMS and don't cheap out on the WDH and brake controller if your truck doesn't have one already. Your truck is more then adequate for the 22mle.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Yes all great advice you received so far. Keep us posted on your decision. We really love our 22mle. If you do decide to go forward with we will all be here to answer any questions. Like others have mentioned so far, wider turns, look up, good surge protector, good reputable TPMS and don't cheap out on the WDH and brake controller if your truck doesn't have one already. Your truck is more then adequate for the 22mle.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Thank you so much !! We looked online at a lot of trailers and locally at 3 dealerships in our area. Two had bad reviews about service and customer support after the sale. The third we trusted but didn't have what we were looking for. We absolutely loved the 22mle we saw online and one is coming soon to a local dealer. Unfortunately to one of the dealerships with a bad reputation. We are still racking our brains whether to go with a bumper pull trailer or try to find a used Class C that might suit our purposes better at this late stage in our lives. The question is do we want to camp again (we can't pull our boat and the trailer too) or sightsee to places we have never been in a manner that might be less stressful. Too many thoughts in my head !! I need to go get a margarita !!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast