User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nervous- First trip- Cold temps

We’re planning on taking our Momentum 25G on it’s maiden voyage this weekend and I’m getting nervous about low temps and freezing. Friday High 43F Low 25F, Sat High 56F Low 29F, Sun High 62F Low 32F.
    1. Should I be overly concerned since temps will only be freezing for a few hours each day?
    2. Should I just use the gravity tank or does it make a difference if I use city water supply?

I’m picking up that folks are putting a foam outside water spigot insulator over the low drain points. Some of the large chemical hand warmers last 18 hours. Anyone ever throw a couple inside the foam spigot insulator?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've been tent camping for a long time, and occasionally hit the freezing temps. One particular night was 19F as a low... Exped Downmats, couple good winter sleeping bags, and some head cover to minimize the heat loss. The next morning, just get the banked coals to fire up some kindling and then hot water in minutes :-)

I was surprised last week, when we had hopefully the last frost in SW WI, that when it was 55 degrees in the trailer, it felt COLD inside! I guess the tent camping experience is very quickly becoming a faint memory of how cold it can get without a trailer around you.
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2610ML, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland EcoDiesel
    e2 trunnion hitch and Curt 7-pin brake controller
    Victron SmartSolar 100|50 -- 2x UB121000 100ah -- 4x100W panels
    Always boondocking. No post, no facilities.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12