User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for heat options

We recently purchased a 2800 BH. Our previous trailer had an electric fireplace that had power options of 750/1500 watts, and did a great job of keeping the trailer warm during Michigan November deer hunting season. I do not want to use up my propane running the furnace. Where we hunt, we have access to a standard electric outlet (15 amp). With my old trailer, I could set the power to 750 watts on the fireplace heater and it worked great to keep the trailer comfortable without tripping the breaker on the electrical source.

Does anyone have suggestions for an electric heater option they are using that works well without a loud blower/fan?

Thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought a refurbished dyson fan/heater that works great from the dyson store online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike & Debbie
    Hot Springs, Ar
    2014 Ram 2500 4x4 Short Bed Diesel
    B&W Companion 5th Wheel Hitch
    2014 Reflection 303 (#405)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last year my wife and I used a few small counter top tower heaters. They also have a high and low (and a third “eco” option) mode. 750 watts on low and 1500 watts on high. Drew a total of 12.5 amps and would shut off at 80°.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lasko-Ult...lack/317927512

Between the two we had running 24/7 the entire winter we had no issues. One of them hit the “overheat safety” once and shut off like it’s suppose to. I disassembled it and blew out the dog hair and it’s still going strong. Meanwhile our fireplace took a dump the second time we used it.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with using a fireplace and/or a portable heater if temps fall below freezing is the supplemental heat will not heat the plumbing system and tanks that are not in the living space. If we are plugged into electric and temps are over 32 degrees, we use a combination of the fireplace and a Broan portable heater to heat the trailer.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way I understood it was he didn’t run the furnace the year prior anyway, which led me to think he doesn’t use the water. I should have asked.

Either way, if the water is hooked up and all you have access to is 15 amps then your pretty limited and will have to use the furnace. Assuming your not wanting to install any aftermarket systems like a gas/diesel fired heater.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is true. We do not use the water system during our deer season due to limited power and water source availability.

2018 Reflection 327
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Majestic59
    I saw a carbon infra red heater at an rv show recently (nobody at the booth so did not get a brochure). It put out lots of heat on 110 power with no fan. They are expensive and might be too much heat for a small area. I think the name of the unit could have been Veito and was made in Turkey.
    Last edited by chillybob; 10-11-2019 at 12:30 AM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Radiant oil filled heater? No fan, no smell, no fire hazard, radiant heat, very quiet, low power draw....
    Scott & Cora
    2017 Reflection 30BH
    Colorado

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I deer hunt in Tennessee. In addition to the furnace I use a Dura Flame heater. It has a remote and timer. I will not run it all night. I set for two hours and go to bed. I keep the remote bedside...just in case I need it. it has served me well.