Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: san francisco

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Petaluma KOA is very nice.
    Leave truck in camp. No place to park a truck
    Garages have low overhead bars.Rent a car or Uber. Wear good shoes to avoid human feces and needles. Filthy, dangerous city. It used to be a great adventuresome city, now over run by crime, filth, and homeless. They have open air urinals for men, so if you have children be aware. Do not go during the night. Carry and wear no valuables. As a Californian who used to love this city, I am disgusted with it's downward spiral. I would not go. So many beautiful areas around it. Good YouTube videos on Alcatraz, and the city itself. Have fun and be safe.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’ve stayed at Chabot many times visiting family in the Bay Area. It is far superior to Alameda County Fairgrounds. Sites are spacious with lots of trees. We’ve met many Europeans there that rent RVs for their holiday, go on a tour, then return to Chabot for their last night before taking back the RV and flying home.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Petaluma KOA.....It's close to wine country, ocean (Bodega Bay) and San Francisco. We live nearby, plenty to do here.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We stayed at Marin RV Park. Tight spaces!! Our truck and trailer is about 61' long and we got in.
    You can walk to the Golden Gate Ferry at the Larkspur Terminal. The ferry will take you to where the action is.
    You can check google maps for the rv park and the ferry terminal.
    Send me a postcard!!
    Pat

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A little tidbit for possible consideration - we stayed at San Francisco RV Resort last August. It's in Pacifica, on the coast, just South of the city. It's a place to just park your trailer and then tool around. Directly overlooking the ocean (no access though), but very tight, older place, freezing cold (yes, standard even for August), windy, and a little pricey. Look at the reviews. We used it as a stopover for a couple of nights on our way up north to the Russian River. I will say that the exit trip with our 30 ft trailer through the city was very easy. Highway 1 up through Golden Gate Park and across the GG bridge. After that, we pulled a Griswold and stayed on Hwy 1 to go to Muir Beach. Bad call. It was beautiful scenery, but not a road for a 50ft TV/TT combo.
    2020 245RL
    2015 F-150 EcoBoost 3.5
    Centerline WDH

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mecanik1975 View Post
    i drive a 2021 F250 crew cab lariat. i dont know how to add that info to my signature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scroll down to post #4...hope this helps
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...d-instructions
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live about 1.5 hours from SF. When I was young my wife and I liked to go to Pier 39, Fishermans Wharf, etc.. Haven't been there in probably 20+ years and you couldn't pay me to visit SF again. Terrible traffic, parking, streets, and a really bad widespread homeless problem. If you do some research you might be able to find ferry tours to Alcatraz, Fishermans Wharf, etc. from locations in the north bay like Sausalito or Tuburon. But don't take your RV their. Streets are narrow and you would not likely find parking for a RV.
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2020 F150 XLT V6 EcoBoost SuperCrew 4x4 w/Max trailer towing package

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would you take an RV? Just say you are homeless and stay in a tent City. They feed you and everything. Heck of a good deal. Might even see Nancy there visiting.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Pat View Post
    We stayed at Marin RV Park. Tight spaces!! Our truck and trailer is about 61' long and we got in.
    You can walk to the Golden Gate Ferry at the Larkspur Terminal. The ferry will take you to where the action is.
    You can check google maps for the rv park and the ferry terminal.
    Send me a postcard!!
    Pat
    This was our experience in2018, see picture in post above for the tight spaces!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2018 Reflection 27RL
    2017 GMC 2500

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That place can have amazing views of the Pacific Ocean - IF it's clear. If it's foggy, the road up to that area can be one of the most treacherous you've ever driven. I've gone up that road when the fog was so thick you could literally not see a car 15 feet in front of you. This was heavy dense fog, the type that actually feels like rain. In fact you normally have to use your wipers and turn the front windshield defog to max, to to keep the windows clear. The worst fog occurs during the summers in the evenings. As the central valley heats up, their low pressure draws in the cold Pacific air. In the spring and fall, it may not be so bad. But I'd double check with the resort before making a reservation. You don't want to drive back to the resort when it's a white out and you're not sure where you're going!

Quote Originally Posted by chuckwilcox View Post
    A little tidbit for possible consideration - we stayed at San Francisco RV Resort last August. It's in Pacifica, on the coast, just South of the city. It's a place to just park your trailer and then tool around. Directly overlooking the ocean (no access though), but very tight, older place, freezing cold (yes, standard even for August), windy, and a little pricey. Look at the reviews. We used it as a stopover for a couple of nights on our way up north to the Russian River. I will say that the exit trip with our 30 ft trailer through the city was very easy. Highway 1 up through Golden Gate Park and across the GG bridge. After that, we pulled a Griswold and stayed on Hwy 1 to go to Muir Beach. Bad call. It was beautiful scenery, but not a road for a 50ft TV/TT combo.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast