User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eveilleu View Post
    Right. my head understands this. But i don't know how much LESS actually is. But we're going for a 250. I work a lot in my head during the week, week ends I'd like to be somewhat carefree!

Eric (Yes, i work in IT hehe)
    My point being you don’t have to worry about the options you like on the 250 as it’s payload capacity even with them is more than enough. We have all the options in our 250 Ram also except the diesel. That extra $9k for the diesel wasn’t worth it or necessary with the 6.4 Hemi, besides it has a turbo with a life expectancy of 100-150k. AND it weighs 500 lbs more than 6.4 Hemi
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Although I tow one with an F-150, and have no complaints, don't make the assumption that a bigger truck will prevent sway. It will not.

Sway is ONLY due to not enough weight on the tongue! And some 2670MK's can be pretty light there (can't say all, as haven't taken a survey. But mine certainly was....)
    You really want it to come in at at least 12.5% of the overall weight of the trailer. As a starting place, with the trailer moderately loaded for camping, dry, aim for 900 lbs. or over. That you can check even if you don't have a truck to get it to a scale. Get a tongue weight scale from Amazon, or google how to use a bathroom scale with pipes and boards. If you are above that, great. If not, start figuring out how to get it there. Move things around, get heavy stuff to put as far up front as you can (more batteries?, a tongue mount bike rack?). For mine, it just couldn't be done. Hence the ProPride. And that would be the case no matter what truck I had.

A bigger, maybe longer, truck likely will help with many other towing issues - truck suck, ride quality, etc.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems no two pickups in the same line are the same. If you do go 150, I would say heavy duty payload package, which can only be ordered or else found by divine miracle. That gives you a crewcab with 6.5 box and about 2500 lb payload. Even better the super cab with 3” longer wb, 8 ft box, and 2700 lb payload.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This will make you smile. I actually asked sales reps from dealers to send me pics of the stickers on F150/F250 lariat and that seems like a really hard task. None have done it so far. So we'll go see those stickers ourselves next week.
    Eric
    Every time I start truck shopping and getting serious I ask for pics of that sticker. If I get it, it's usually the gvwr/fawr/rawr sticker.... Then explain all over again WHICH sticker I want to see.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's my twist since you said imagine money is not a constraint...

Just step up to a 350/3500 as there's marginal price difference but most often a considerable leap in payload and this will be a pleasure driver/2nd vehicle. Why do I say this? Because it is a statistical fact that ownership of the tow vehicle outlasts ownership of the camper. With the 1-ton, you'll will have many more options when you shop your next camper upgrade, and you won't be cart-then-horse like this time around.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Here's my twist since you said imagine money is not a constraint...

Just step up to a 350/3500 as there's marginal price difference but most often a considerable leap in payload and this will be a pleasure driver/2nd vehicle. Why do I say this? Because it is a statistical fact that ownership of the tow vehicle outlasts ownership of the camper. With the 1-ton, you'll will have many more options when you shop your next camper upgrade, and you won't be cart-then-horse like this time around.

HAHAHA!

10 years ago i started to play bass. i had a small yamaha bass. I joined a forum, learned a lot and flipped the yamaha for a fender and grabbed a few basic effects. 2 years after i somehow ended up with a custom Dingwall 5 String bass and a pedal board filled with boutique effects that i never use.

This to say that it is also a statistical fact that forums are evil

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Half Ton View Post
    It seems no two pickups in the same line are the same. If you do go 150, I would say heavy duty payload package, which can only be ordered or else found by divine miracle. That gives you a crewcab with 6.5 box and about 2500 lb payload. Even better the super cab with 3” longer wb, 8 ft box, and 2700 lb payload.
    You're hitting the next thing I'm wondering about. long bed or short bed and why does it make a difference? It's just 1.5 foot. I don't want to go with a long bed. I'd actually take the crewcab if it came with a sunroof...
    Eric

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're hitting the next thing I'm wondering about. long bed or short bed and why does it make a difference? It's just 1.5 foot. I don't want to go with a long bed. I'd actually take the crewcab if it came with a sunroof...
    Eric
    You realize a sunroof is a big payload killer. They add a lot of weight.
    I never understood the want for a sunroof

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HAHAHA!

10 years ago i started to play bass. i had a small yamaha bass. I joined a forum, learned a lot and flipped the yamaha for a fender and grabbed a few basic effects. 2 years after i somehow ended up with a custom Dingwall 5 String bass and a pedal board filled with boutique effects that i never use.

This to say that it is also a statistical fact that forums are evil
    Lol. Forums can certainly be, but I do speak from experience given the number of campers (and trailers overall) owned versus tow vehicles. I'm also a two RAM guy with a half-ton daily driver and the one-ton dually workhorse.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    You realize a sunroof is a big payload killer. They add a lot of weight.
    I never understood the want for a sunroof
    It's like fuzz on a bass. It's not a rational thing, but i love it

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast