User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eveilleu View Post
    You're hitting the next thing I'm wondering about. long bed or short bed and why does it make a difference? It's just 1.5 foot. I don't want to go with a long bed. I'd actually take the crewcab if it came with a sunroof...
    Eric
    Long bed gets you more payload. And more storage space but a little greater turn radius.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn’t look it up, but I remember seeing that a “long bed” crew cab f150 is the same length as a “short bed” crew cab f250. This makes sense since they would both have 6.5ft beds and identical cabs.

Funny, on my current truck I found it but wanted to verify payload before traveling to see it. The dealer that had it couldn’t figure it out/didn’t want to figure it out. So I called a sister dealer (same overall ownership) and asked them if they knew what I wanted. Said they did and they would get it. The information was what I wanted to hear (over 1800lbs payload), and the truck was then transferred to that second dealer and sold it to me - I was done with the first dealer if they couldn’t even read a sticker.

I’ll also vote F250. Even a trailer that an F150 tows well, the F250 is better. And you’re borderline as it is. If you think a larger trailer or 5th wheel might be in your future, consider the 350 (dependent on your states vehicle registration laws and taxes - the 250 really exists as a tax beater).
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You're hitting the next thing I'm wondering about. long bed or short bed and why does it make a difference? It's just 1.5 foot. I don't want to go with a long bed. I'd actually take the crewcab if it came with a sunroof...
    Eric
    I'm only guessing - but what I more accurately meant in my previous replay was "longer wheelbase". Just harder for the tail to wag the dog. Won't fix problems with true sway, but would smooth out other bumps' wiggles and jolts....Ditto on overall weight of the TV.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All your replies helped a lot thanks guys!
    Eric

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2020 F250 Lariat 4x4 supercrew no sunroof 7.3. Payload is 3061. I had two previous F150s (5.0 and tuned 3.5). This thing is night and day. Not as quick as the tow tuned 3.5 but very powerful. 400 tq at the crank at 1500 rpm. We just went from Georgia to Colorado with a loaded 2800bh, generator, fuel, KLR 650 motorcycle, and 2 job boxes. The brakes and engine compression on this motor is 1000% better than the 3.5 and half ton brakes. You will not regret it. I finally realized what towing confidence was when going up and down some real mountains (Leadville, Ouray, and Silverton).
    Last edited by Rn29306; 03-10-2021 at 05:30 PM.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2670MK and tow with a Tundra, I am looking at 250's now, with this trailer you need more than a 150, not so much for power as extra weight brakes etc.
    Tim in NC

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been towing with a ram 1500 with 1600 payload without problem but am maxed out without water and a generator and 450 of people and dogs and little in the bed and trailer coming in at 8100. The tongue is 900-1000# depending on how I load it. I only weighed in recently and was surprised by a few things like tongue. With water it will only go up from there so I'm looking for a 2500 or 3500 currently.
    Imagine 2020 2670MK,
    2021 RAM 2500

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    You realize a sunroof is a big payload killer. They add a lot of weight.
    I never understood the want for a sunroof
    First spring day here at +17 degrees. It was heaven to have the sunroof open and feel the fresh air.

To the OP - my truck is way too big (said nobody, ever)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, 250 for sure you will thank yourself later if you should go bigger or I want rule out the 3500 either, it can be gas or diesel.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

F150 Tow Vehicle

Hi,
    For the past few years we've had a TT parked at a campsite near our home, going there pretty much every weekend. It was working great taking my e-golf to the campsite but now we want to move around. So we need to pull that thing. I figure since i can work from home, i can work from anywhere! But i know nothing about trucks aside from knowing i like leather seats, sun roofs, a kick ********** sound system and cameras all over. We'll use the truck as a tow vehicle for our summer vacations and to explore from time to time. Mostly, it'll be our 2nd car. We're looking at a supercrew cab. Going from my e-golf to a truck is a big change and I'd like to avoid the 2 time TV club .

I'm hesitating between:

F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
    max payload 2155

F150 Lariat 5L V8.
    max payload 2135

F250 Lariat with the Godzilla 7.3L V8.
    max payload 3320

Towing capacity looks good on all of those. I'm concerned about payload and drive-ability. We'll be just be me, my wife and the dog in there when towing, but covid has not been nice to our waists... the 3 of us are a tad over 400lbs. Add to this a toolbox with basic goodies in there and I understand how it adds up fast. I'm assuming 1000lbs on the hitch.

I'm plugging the numbers on the KYD spreadsheet and it looks like the F150 are ok. But reading about sway here makes me think otherwise. Keeping in mind that the truck won't be pulling anything 90% of the time just confuses me more. For the sake of argument, let's imagine we're in the magical money does not factor in decision land. Is it worth it to go for a 250?

Did i say i was new here? hi!
    Eric

ref:
    https://www.keepyourdaydream.com/payload/
    https://media.ford.com/content/dam/f...ical-Specs.pdf
    https://media.ford.com/content/dam/f...Tech-Specs.pdf

I pull a 2017 2670 MK with a 2009 F150 Lariat 5.4 Triton and max tow package with trailer adds. I use two anti-sway bars and WD hitch (older one) and it does pretty well. I usually stay between 6065 MPH and don't have too much trouble. You will always get the push/suck from passing vehicles. I have the sunroof and we max out our truck payload with the two of us, the dog and the grill in the bed. As long as you don't feel the need to drive 70 MPH, it will be fine. We chose the F150 more because it sits about 4 inches lower and my wife and I are not getting younger. It is easier to get in and out of and the running board is a big plus. My Lariat has the 20 inch wheels which lowers the payload 500 hundred pounds. I found my truck a little over a year ago but it was a great price and provided what we needed with a little wiggle room. I am careful how I load the trailer. Good luck. I would probably go with the F250 due to the payload and a bit heavier truck.
    JimandMeresa
    2016 Chevy 2500
    2017 Imagine 2670 MK

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast