User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is just my opinion, but since you don't own a truck now, I would go with a bigger truck. No one ever regretted buying too big of truck. I use to own an extended cab 2006 Toyota Tundra and I moved up to a 2018 Crew Cab RAM 2500 Cummins Turbo Diesel. Even though my 2500 is is a tad longer and higher than my old truck, I actually find it easier to drive. I think that's because its higher and it seems to have less blind spots, or maybe it's the heated steering wheel? I know that some people do, but I don't hold any allegiance to any particular truck brand. I happen to think that they are all made very well. So when we were looking for a new truck, we test drove them all and we went with the one we liked the best. I absolutely love my Cummins Turbo Diesel! It pulls our Transcend 26RLS which weighs in around 7400 lbs with ease, even up the steepest of hills and the Diesel brake (some call it a Jake brake) helps control our speed going down the hills. My friend owns a Ford F250 Diesel and he feels the same way. Keep in mind when buying a diesel that the engine is very heavy and as such, it robs payload. For instance my 2018 RAM 2500 CTD has a payload of around 2450 lbs, if it had the 6.4L gas engine the payload would around 3300 lbs.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McDugals View Post
    If money truly isn't a concern
    Hehehe of course it's a concern, but i didn't want it to be the determining factor, so I'm pretending to take it out of the equation

Thanks, We'll go with a 2022 F250 4x4 Lariat CrewCab short box, 7.3 Godzilla engine, 4.3 ratio, a freaking big sunroof and see what we can do about an also freaking big gas tank.

A few suggested diesel, but I'd rather not.

Cheers!
    Eric

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eveilleu View Post
    Hehehe of course it's a concern, but i didn't want it to be the determining factor, so I'm pretending to take it out of the equation

Thanks, We'll go with a 2022 F250 4x4 Lariat CrewCab short box, 7.3 Godzilla engine, 4.3 ratio, a freaking big sunroof and see what we can do about an also freaking big gas tank.

A few suggested diesel, but I'd rather not.

Cheers!
    Eric
    Have you inquired what the payload will be?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345