User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

17MKE Screw in paper towel holder under cabinet to right of control panel?

Hi, all! We'd like to install a paper towel holder. We're nervous about using Command strips facing down and for something which will be yanked regularly for the lifetime of the installation, so we're thinking plain old screws.

Our target is the underside of the cabinet to the right of the control panel / stereo. However, there's a 120V outlet in this underside, so we want to avoid hitting the wiring. It looks like we might be able to gently pry loose two strips holding the underside in place to release the underside to examine what's in there.

Has anyone tried getting into the underside of the cabinet?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could always use a stud finder with electrical cable feature.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could pull the outlet and see where the wires run. They should have some slack in them, so you could maneuver them around. Another way is to make a small pilot hole for the screws and then screw the holder in. The wires should move out of the way. Virtually every tire I check wiring in our trailer, there is more than enough slack to work it out of the way.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are having the same dilemma. tried command strips but didn't adhere to the wall. Looking at mounting in about the same place you are. I have a stud finder with AC detection and I'm plugged in to shore power at home, so I'll give that a shot tomorrow and see what I find. I suspect there may be more wiring than just that outlet there.
    2020 F150 3.5 Super Crew 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 17MKE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=shaggybob;382322]I have a stud finder with AC detection and I'm plugged in to shore power at home, so I'll give that a shot tomorrow and see what I find.

We pretty much just used a stud finder (Franklin Sensors ProSensor 710). The path of the wiring to the nearby outlet was clear on the finder, and additional wood above the panel was also clear. I made a little bit of a guess that the area indicated by the finder to be clear would be safe for us to drive in short wood screws.

-Brad

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=KrisBrad;383236]
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggybob View Post
    I have a stud finder with AC detection and I'm plugged in to shore power at home, so I'll give that a shot tomorrow and see what I find.

We pretty much just used a stud finder (Franklin Sensors ProSensor 710). The path of the wiring to the nearby outlet was clear on the finder, and additional wood above the panel was also clear. I made a little bit of a guess that the area indicated by the finder to be clear would be safe for us to drive in short wood screws.

-Brad
    Glad that worked out, my weekend got taken up by dog emergencies and I didn't even think about the camper.
    2020 F150 3.5 Super Crew 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 17MKE