Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like we have setteled on the 337

We've kind of been all over the board with which unit we will be buying but believe we will be purchasing the 337. We should be picking up our new truck next weekend-F350 short bed with 6.7l diesel. The unit we are looking to purchase has a king bed with the smaller refrigerator. We are debating whether to add the 2nd A/C. We fully anticipate this to be our last 5th wheel and truck. We will be adding slide-toppers and vent covers. Wanted to take the plunge now and have everything paid off before we retire. The Grand Design line looks outstanding and we really love our dealer in Indianapolis-Colrain RV.

Any suggestions regarding options or advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Dave and Anne

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations Dave & Anne.
    We have the 337 and love it.

I suggest you take a look at the Heat Pump option. A lot of people say they wish they had it.
    If you have strong opinions about tires, I believe there are options there also.
    I don't have the second A/C, but may add that later.
    I hear a lot of folks who have the King bed end up cutting it down to a Queen in order to get some shelf space for night stands.

Enjoy!

K
    Ken & Wilma
    Central Maryland
    2014 Reflection 337RLS #439
    2011 F250 CC 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if the unit they will be getting has the heat pump option-will check.
    Thanks.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the heat pump an option on Reflections? If available, it'd certainly be worth the difference.

We've been camping the last week, and the heater/fireplace was a Godsend. Kept me from using the LP and running the furnace. I left my good 1500 watt heater for the bedroom at home.

My dealer wanted $600 each for our four slide toppers. I'll order'em on Amazon and installation is on a UTube video. They're not at all difficult to install. We intend to install a second a/c unit--low profile--as it's very hot in the South in the Summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought a 337 in prep for retirement, too. Can't wait. I would echo everything the others have said here. We opted for queen size bed b/c we wanted the shelf spaces next to bed for phone, kleenex, etc. And be prepared, they don't put good mattresses in these units. I think it's because everyone has their own idea of "good" and it's impossible to please each customer. We purchased a 3" memory foam topper for the bed and have been pleased. A lot of folks change out to a completely different mattress. Also, on the sofa bed in the living area, I would unfold it and make sure it is level. It seems everyone has found that the foot part of that bed is significantly higher than where you lay your head. Folks on this forum have instructions to cut down the legs on the foot part, but if I were you I'd see if the dealer would do that for you. Grand Design really needs to remedy this simple problem. We haven't added the bedroom AC but probably will after this camping season. I know that running two AC's requires 50 amp service and we camp a lot of places that just offer 30 amp, so we're still taking the wait and see approach until this season is over. Last year we did okay without the second one and sleeping temperature was never an issue at all. I think if we were in the deep, humid, hot south there would be no other option but having the 2nd AC.

All in all, we are beyond thrilled with our purchase of the Reflection 337. Just couldn't be happier with this unit and I bet you will be too!! Like Bamaman said, the fireplace is amazing!! We initially thought it was just for looks but discovered it is a very functional heating unit. So far the only issue we've had is that our furnace didn't work. It was repaired under warranty and works like a charm now, but we definitely found out how functional the fireplace is before that repair was done.
    Happy Kansans .... DeWayne & Benita
    and one crazy little ShihPoo puppy named Olive Ann
    2015 Reflection 337
    2017 Ford F350 Super Duty SRW

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on your upcoming purchase. Since this is a 337 specific post i will say that personally I think the 337 RLS is GD's best overall trailer. Considering the size, weight, floor plan, wheel/tire size and everything it's really unbeatable. Downsides for me are that they don't offer factory generator prep and auto leveling on the Reflection line. I think that's a mistake GD needs to correct.

When we first ordered we chose the single refrigerator (I can't remember why) but that trailer was stolen in route to the dealer so the trailer that came had the double refrigerator and we are blown away at how much better that is on long journeys. I would highly recommend considering it over the pullout cabinet. There's ton's of storage space already. We added the second A/C but made the mistake of not specifying a low profile unit, I would definitely make certain you specify that. We also got the queen bed. In addition to the side tables, the king bed really makes the bedroom seem that much smaller and tighter getting around, especially between the bed and the front closet.

Anyway, good luck with your new 5th wheel. We absolutely love ours!
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for your comments. We will be able to see the camper next weekend. Interesting point regarding the king size bed-thanks. Also thank you for the tip to add the memory foam topper-we were thinking about totally upgrading the mattress but if that works, it would be a cost savings. We camp mainly in the Midwest as we live in Indiana so I think we will play the waiting game regarding the second A/C. We are excited about having the fireplace for the supplemental heat. We currently run a portable heater in our current 5er-I think this will be a much better option. We thought about the larger refrigerator as the dealer has one of those on their lot but the additional $2000 seems pretty steep. We also like to grill and the spice rack, we feel, will be a great thing to have.

Do any of you have a rear-mounted bike rack on your unit? If so, any issues?

Thanks again!!

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good decision on the 337 RLS! We love ours!
    We put the 4" memory foam that we had in our old unit, very comfy. We are adding the second a/c before summer (we live in hot, humid FL). And we have a bike rack on rear, no issues so far. Ours is mounted on the tube bumper. The new units should have a receiver hitch - better, stronger.
    Enjoy it!
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dual pane windows. Our 303 stays cooler, warmer, quieter, and no condensation on the inside of the
    windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott and Jan View Post
    Good decision on the 337 RLS! We love ours!
    We put the 4" memory foam that we had in our old unit, very comfy. We are adding the second a/c before summer (we live in hot, humid FL). And we have a bike rack on rear, no issues so far. Ours is mounted on the tube bumper. The new units should have a receiver hitch - better, stronger.
    Enjoy it!
    Can anyone share a particular brand of memory foam topper they are using? Was wondering if the gel option helps to disperse the heat and if a particular brand may be better than another.

Thanks!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast