User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know what AC unit comes on a 2020 model 22 MLE ?

Bought the unit but didn't pick it up yet and was wondering if anyone knows what AC they use and does it have a heat strip ?.
    Thanks

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
    Bought the unit but didn't pick it up yet and was wondering if anyone knows what AC they use and does it have a heat strip ?.
    Thanks
    No heat strip in any GD. Heat pumps available in Solitude and Momentum.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    If you have the VIN number, you can call GD customer support and they can confirm what model is in your unit.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually got to spend some time in the unit and found the books and it has a Coleman .
    Thanks for your replies.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s unit by unit. When I got mine in February some had Coleman and some Furrion. All depends on what they have in stock.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I have the Coleman Mack.
    Am going to see what is involved with adding a heat strip. Thanks again.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I have the Coleman Mack.
    Am going to see what is involved with adding a heat strip. Thanks again.
    Adding the heat strip is very simple and can be done in less than 30 minutes.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    USMC Veteran

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavysledz View Post
    Adding the heat strip is very simple and can be done in less than 30 minutes.
    I thought this unit was a little more complex to install a heat strip because it has the integrated furnace and AC thermostat ?
    I have done other Coleman units and Domenetic units and the were really easy plug and play.
    Thanks

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought this unit was a little more complex to install a heat strip because it has the integrated furnace and AC thermostat ?
    I have done other Coleman units and Domenetic units and the were really easy plug and play.
    Thanks
    The only thing you may have to do other than installing the heat strip is change out thermostats to one that supports this function. There are so many variances available, it would be best to contact Coleman (i.e. AirXcel) and give them your AC model number and thermostat model and they will tell you if your unit is upgradable or not and what components you need to accomplish it. A simple way to tell if your unit is heat strip capable as-is would be to drop the interior roof panel and locate the control box. On the side of the control box, there will be a blank 2-pin connector that is there for the heat strip. If that still doesn't help, use the link below to see if your unit is compatible or not..this will take all of the guess work out of it.

https://www.airxcel.com/rv/coleman-m...embly-selector

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xnip2021-03-17_17-37-25.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	32773
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    USMC Veteran

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavysledz View Post
    The only thing you may have to do other than installing the heat strip is change out thermostats to one that supports this function. There are so many variances available, it would be best to contact Coleman (i.e. AirXcel) and give them your AC model number and thermostat model and they will tell you if your unit is upgradable or not and what components you need to accomplish it. A simple way to tell if your unit is heat strip capable as-is would be to drop the interior roof panel and locate the control box. On the side of the control box, there will be a blank 2-pin connector that is there for the heat strip. If that still doesn't help, use the link below to see if your unit is compatible or not..this will take all of the guess work out of it.

https://www.airxcel.com/rv/coleman-m...embly-selector

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xnip2021-03-17_17-37-25.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	32773
    Thanks so much. I would really love to put in a separate thermostat for the propane furnace and then the one that supports the heat strip function for the AC unit.
    That was I could run the fan on the Coleman unit and the furnace at the same time to help circulate the heat.
    Every camper that we had in the past had separate thermostats and you could run heat strip and furnace at the same time if you wanted to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast