User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfredo View Post
    Not sure, but after you test the jacks please let me know if it affected the auto level at all. thx
    If I were as apprehensive about these jacks as you are, I think I would skip it and move on to the next project.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    I can't beleive this. I sent an email to Jerry McCarthy at GD Friday evening, after hours at that asking for assistance with the low stabilizer issue. This morning, three days later and a couple of emails over the weekend, I get an email from Mr. McCarthy saying my stabilizers were on the way. If there is a company out there with any better customer service, I would love to know who they are.

FYI.. I was told that Lippert does make the shorter jack, but for some reason does not sell it to the OEMs for production. Go figure.
    I have a 2019 2930RL that has the same long stabs. Two years without issue although I can’t count the amount of times concerned campers have stopped me to tell me my jacks weren’t retracted (when they were) because they sit so low. Two years and my left rear finally caught something. I sent an email (just to customer service cuz I don't know anyone special ��) and will see if I get any help. I saw someone else with a 2021 mention in this thread that they may have run out of shorter ones and started putting the longer ones on...nope longer ones since 2019 for sure. Hope I have the same kind of luck you did but Im out of GD warranty so not expecting to but I am hopeful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only have one thing to say about the string test. Just be aware that curbs and speed bumps don't follow the string test rule. Complained to GD a half a dozen times and they always come back with the string test. I plan to move mine up one bolt hole and I always remove the foot pad when driving. GD should change these jacks for shorted ones.

2022 Reflection 260RD
    2021 GMC 2500HD Gas
    Last edited by Dan_Curley; 09-21-2021 at 12:12 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The string test is silly, even the long ones pass this test. The long ones are too long and they know it. They simply used what they had available. They blame Lippert for the part being wrong while they're responsible for their brand and their final products. Give me a break. They should be replaced don't take no for an answer. They replaced mine.
    2021 GD Reflection (150) 5th Wheel 268BH
    2019 F250 Gas 6.2L V8 FX4 Crew Cab
    PullRite 2100 20K Hitch w/ LOCKED OUT Turning Point
    2x Honda EU2200i Generators & 1UP Bike Rack & Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS
    2017 F150 Sport 3.5L V6 EcoBoost

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed my own Lippert 4 point leveling system on my '19 295RL. I wondered about the length of the rear jacks which end up only about 6-8inches above the ground. Went to a dealer and compared to brand new 295RL's and they were all like mine from the factory. Decided not to worry about it. Don't plan to do much off camber towing anyways. Towed my 5vr with leveling system over 10k miles without any problems.

If hitting a curb or large rock is what your concerned about, my concern would be more on the axle alignment for towing it home X number of miles. Apparently, some have had tire issues from bent axle/spindles from curbs and road debris. Replacing a center/rear jack is easy, replacing a bent spindle or axle.... is a PIA especially when traveling! Just my $.02....

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anybody know, with the position of the rear levelling jacks, if it's possible to get an Andersen Rapid Jack in position on that rear tire, if ever one needed to, in order change a flat. Or is there not enough space between the tire and the jack to slide the Andersen in there?
    2016 Chevy Silverado LT Duramax
    2022 Reflection 295RL, after owning 2 Rockwood 8289's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234