Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Full Body Paint - Questions on process

I am likely ordering a Momentum (351M) with Full Body Paint. I have a couple of questions on the FBP process:
    1. Are all side/rear markers, door locks/handles & slam latches removed prior to painting? These are all replaceable pieces... and want to know if I were to replace something will a different brand, etc that may have a slightly different shape - will there be white showing?
    2. At what point does the caulking get applied to the exterior of the RV (before paint and therefore is painted over... or after paint).

Thanks!
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. No. The unit travels a few mes to the paint shop where they tape over the handles.
    2. Sealant is put on after paint along with awnings and other attachments.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    1. No. The unit travels a few mes to the paint shop where they tape over the handles.
    2. Sealant is put on after paint along with awnings and other attachments.
    OK so I understand... if I were to replace the main door lock with the RVLock v4.0 Keyless lock... I am going to have unpainted/white ring around the new lock since it isn't the same shape as the old?
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother_Bluto View Post
    OK so I understand... if I were to replace the main door lock with the RVLock v4.0 Keyless lock... I am going to have unpainted/white ring around the new lock since it isn't the same shape as the old?
    RVLock includes a gasket for full body paint applications, or rather, the gasket has to be ordered. https://www.rvlock.com/collections/a...roducts/gasket
    Last edited by Fsalmy; 03-04-2021 at 08:16 PM.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother_Bluto View Post
    Yes. As stated above, you can get a black gasket.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS