User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    I don't know how others think about this, but once you tow that unit off the lot, I would think it's a warranty issue. And given the lack of help from your dealer so far, I wouldn't want to be depending on the dealer to take care of you.
    But then it would be your word that the missing items weren't there in the first place.
    To the op, call GD asap before taking delivery.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Toyhaulers View Post
    HELP!! Has anyone had problems with their special orders not coming with all the equipment ordered? I realize that they had problems with fridges and now, generators being out of stock from the manufacterer. But our 353g came in with no rear deck system or rear awming and no Happi Jac bed or couch system???? These items are listed on my order form. My dealer said that sometimes Grand Design moves units from other dealerships and so that might be the reason it didnt have everything it should have. Really???? I ordered it in November and Grand Design said it came offline two weeks ago and was shipped and they arent showing any missing parts.... Do I believe what my dealer is telling me? Are they trying to give me a different unit that mine? Naw! They wouldnt do that. Would they? What do I do? We really needed it before Spring Break this month!! I dont want to rock the boat. Do I just take the one they have and hope they will install these missing items when we get back from our trip. I am so dismayed and disappointed in this process!!
    Edit: My dealer finally called and said that it was a mistake with their order. The person who input the order did not check the boxes for the patio deck system, rear awning or the HappiJac bed and coaches. BUMMER!!! They gave me the VIN that matches the VIN Grand Design gave me so at least it is the right trailer. Now will work with dealer to get this stuff installed.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edit: My dealer finally called and said that it was a mistake with their order. The person who input the order did not check the boxes for the patio deck system, rear awning or the HappiJac bed and coaches. BUMMER!!! They gave me the VIN that matches the VIN Grand Design gave me so at least it is the right trailer. Now will work with dealer to get this stuff installed.
    Good luck, keep us posted. I'm afraid that it might not end up being the same price unless the dealer makes it right.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've asked my dealer for a VIN but so far.....crickets. Our closing is set for Saturday at 9am. I dont want to miss out on getting a rig before our Spring Break trip. We have reservations all over the south with our kids. Hopefully we'll have some answers before then.
    Don't accept it. If they forgot to put it in the order, they may have forgotten to charge you for it. At best they will put it in when you get back, but it may take them months and months and months to get it back to you. Meanwhile your warranty is running out. At worst the price you have agreed on might not be right. If you do take it, and the money is right, make sure they do not start the 1 year warranty until the trailer is made whole with all its accessories. Otherwise your warranty will be running out while it sits on the lot.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    But then it would be your word that the missing items weren't there in the first place.
    To the op, call GD asap before taking delivery.
    That was my point and why let it become a warranty issue with a dealer that screwed up to begin with. Once it becomes a warranty issue, GD has no pressure to supply parts that are already in short supply and designated for production units. If it were me, even with a trip planned, I would not accept that unit until it was right. And it would have to be made right ASAP. The dealer needs to be begging GD to help them make it right in a time period that is acceptable to you. I don't even think I would accept a signed "we owe" statement from the dealer without some kind of support from GD, and even then, I would have to coerced.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BEFORE you sign anything, get it in writing what they will be installing and when.

Good luck. KEN

P.S. what dealer where?
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Walk. Forget writing with an RV dealership. Not worth the paper written on, and will only be your headache. Remember, RV dealers are not like automobile dealers and fear nothing at all from the manufacturers. What's missing is too significant, and frankly your salesperson was lazy because they didn't verify the accuracy of the order! I'm sorry this happened to you, and that it tanka your plans, but you will be happier in the long run if you get what you want, how you want, from the factory.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    BEFORE you sign anything, get it in writing what they will be installing and when.

Good luck. KEN

P.S. what dealer where?
    Cousins RV Colorado

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Walk. Forget writing with an RV dealership. Not worth the paper written on, and will only be your headache. Remember, RV dealers are not like automobile dealers and fear nothing at all from the manufacturers. What's missing is too significant, and frankly your salesperson was lazy because they didn't verify the accuracy of the order! I'm sorry this happened to you, and that it tanka your plans, but you will be happier in the long run if you get what you want, how you want, from the factory.
    I agree 100%, this is exactly what I would do if it happened to me. You will always have a bad taste in your mouth about the whole transaction. These trailers are too expensive to not be happy with them.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HELP!! Has anyone had problems with their special orders not coming with all the equipment ordered? I realize that they had problems with fridges and now, generators being out of stock from the manufacterer. But our 353g came in with no rear deck system or rear awming and no Happi Jac bed or couch system???? These items are listed on my order form. My dealer said that sometimes Grand Design moves units from other dealerships and so that might be the reason it didnt have everything it should have. Really???? I ordered it in November and Grand Design said it came offline two weeks ago and was shipped and they arent showing any missing parts.... Do I believe what my dealer is telling me? Are they trying to give me a different unit that mine? Naw! They wouldnt do that. Would they? What do I do? We really needed it before Spring Break this month!! I dont want to rock the boat. Do I just take the one they have and hope they will install these missing items when we get back from our trip. I am so dismayed and disappointed in this process!!

Edit: The dealership called and said it was their fault. These items were not ordered and it was the fault of the person they have inputting orders. BUMMER!!!!! I will work with them to get these items ordered and installed. SHUCKS!!!!
    You won't like my view on this, but I would likely not accept this unit. At least that would be my first reaction. It's kind of a bitter pill - I know. If your rig does have some options that are not available any longer (like the generator) and you want/need them then I suppose having the dealership install them is an alternative. In the meantime, I wouldn't be writing the final check until all was absolutely done.

My dealer screwed my order up. Even after I kept asking them about it the sales rep kept insisting the right options were ordered. I finally called GD directly with my order number and lucked out talking to someone helpful and knowledgable; we figured out that it was ordered wrong but was too far into the build (it was the day before the build was to start) to change things; I ended up waiting a few weeks longer as the worked my correct order into the system. I suppose the salesman at the dealership learned the biggest lesson (listen and double-check when questioned) and he was a seasoned rep with a good track record. Still, stuff happens...... Had the unit come in wrong I would not have accepted it.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast