User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Received special order Momentum but missing several major items

HELP!! Has anyone had problems with their special orders not coming with all the equipment ordered? I realize that they had problems with fridges and now, generators being out of stock from the manufacterer. But our 353g came in with no rear deck system or rear awming and no Happi Jac bed or couch system???? These items are listed on my order form. My dealer said that sometimes Grand Design moves units from other dealerships and so that might be the reason it didnt have everything it should have. Really???? I ordered it in November and Grand Design said it came offline two weeks ago and was shipped and they arent showing any missing parts.... Do I believe what my dealer is telling me? Are they trying to give me a different unit that mine? Naw! They wouldnt do that. Would they? What do I do? We really needed it before Spring Break this month!! I dont want to rock the boat. Do I just take the one they have and hope they will install these missing items when we get back from our trip. I am so dismayed and disappointed in this process!!

Edit: The dealership called and said it was their fault. These items were not ordered and it was the fault of the person they have inputting orders. BUMMER!!!!! I will work with them to get these items ordered and installed. SHUCKS!!!!
    Last edited by The Toyhaulers; 03-04-2021 at 04:34 PM. Reason: New information from dealership

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Toyhaulers View Post
    HELP!! Has anyone had problems with their special orders not coming with all the equipment ordered? I realize that they had problems with fridges and now, generators being out of stock from the manufacterer. But our 353g came in with no rear deck system or rear awming and no Happi Jac bed or couch system???? These items are listed on my order form. My dealer said that sometimes Grand Design moves units from other dealerships and so that might be the reason it didnt have everything it should have. Really???? I ordered it in November and Grand Design said it came offline two weeks ago and was shipped and they arent showing any missing parts.... Do I believe what my dealer is telling me? Are they trying to give me a different unit that mine? Naw! They wouldnt do that. Would they? What do I do? We really needed it before Spring Break this month!! I dont want to rock the boat. Do I just take the one they have and hope they will install these missing items when we get back from our trip. I am so dismayed and disappointed in this process!!
    Grand Design does not move units from other dealers, at least not something I've heard before. Once the unit leaves the factory it's dealer owned. The dealers may swap inventory.

This sounds like you need to call GD customer service with your VIN. They can supply a build sheet. That should give you more information. Do not take the unit until you've sorted all this out.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've asked my dealer for a VIN but so far.....crickets. Our closing is set for Saturday at 9am. I dont want to miss out on getting a rig before our Spring Break trip. We have reservations all over the south with our kids. Hopefully we'll have some answers before then.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bullshit. Grand Design sends a confirmation to verify before they ever build it. A retail order with your name on it keeps your name on it until it is delivered to the dealer. Don't accept their stupidity.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Bullshit. Grand Design sends a confirmation to verify before they ever build it. A retail order with your name on it keeps your name on it until it is delivered to the dealer. Don't accept their stupidity.
    I appreciate your candor Steve. Nice to have this knowledge on the forum.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've asked my dealer for a VIN but so far.....crickets. Our closing is set for Saturday at 9am. I dont want to miss out on getting a rig before our Spring Break trip. We have reservations all over the south with our kids. Hopefully we'll have some answers before then.
    Then I hate to say this but it would seem something isn't right about this transaction. I would call GD even without a VIN and explain the situation. It sounds like this dealer is misleading you.

As far as for missing out on your plans, that's a decision you'll have to make. Are the missing items worth losing those memories over principle? I would certainly be be in the phone with GD until they resolved with dealer.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we ordered ours, I called Grand Design Inside Sales and they gave me my VIN. They also patiently answered all of my questions. I HIGHLY recommend calling Grand Design directly.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also for talking to Grand Design.

If this dealer has it wrong, don’t feel like you have to take this trailer. It’s really not a great idea to have your first trip be a big long one anyway as there are often little things that need work, even on Grand Designs. It may not be perfect, but there are lots of rental options to still make the trip happen - either from your hometown or that you could rent at your destinations and either would allow you to keep the reservations and memories. You may even be able to rent a similar Grand Design. BUT, I hope you are simply able to resolve the issue!
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we special ordered our Momentum, I had the VIN within about a month after ordering. If the dealer can't provide the VIN on your specific special order, that would raise a huge red flag for me. I would NOT accept the unit under these circumstances. Memories are important, but there is still time to create those memories. I would strongly suggest you contact GD directly and get this sorted out. Best of luck!

John

Edited to add: I would get with GD and escalate this to the regional sales manager for his assistance. Something very fishy is going on here.
    Last edited by LV Naturist; 03-04-2021 at 01:12 PM.
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how others think about this, but once you tow that unit off the lot, I would think it's a warranty issue. And given the lack of help from your dealer so far, I wouldn't want to be depending on the dealer to take care of you.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast