User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    There should be detailed instructions in your GD manual for your trailer. I use 2 cups regular Clorox bleach for my 50 gallon tank (including water heater) To get the bleach in I use the power fill setting and starting with an empty hose attached to the trailer I use a funnel to put the two cups into the hose, then connect to faucet and then use power fill to fill tank. Then use the pump to get it to all of the faucets/HWH, toilet outside shower, etc. I then power fill the tank to full again. You want it to sit for at least 12 hours. Then drain and use the city water setting to flush the system. Drain and refill the FW tank several times. Now fr the last step I dissolve a 2 cups of baking soda in a 5 gallon bucket (sanitized before use) and suck it into the fresh water tank using the pump. Then power fill to full and use pump to distribute through the system. Then fill tank again and let it set for a few hours. Then flush everything again. The baking soda helps remove the chlorine oder and taste.

Hope this helps
    It really helps,thank you.We really want to see and visit s/w colorado ,had a trip all planned to visit
    the area in 2020 and the gov`t shut down the borders,oh well,still planning on the trip though.We are
    about 2000 miles n/e of Cortez ....Brian
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Chevrolet 2500 hd,Duramax-Allison

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    BTW - one can usually skip the vinegar step by:

1. Not overdosing. The usual Health Dept. standard is 1/8th cup per 15 gal. BUT - you have to let is soak for 6-8 hrs. It is permissible to go as high as 1/4 cup, to hit the 3 hrs GD recommends. But then flushing will take more water. Note too that GD recommends pre-diluting before putting in the tank, primarily to avoid skin irritation, less chance of damage to any rubber seals, and reduce bleaching possibilities if there is a spill. Just don't exceed that level.

2. NEVER use scented, gel, or other varieties marketed for use in home laundry. Use only plain, cheap, bleach. A jug that has been opened can be ineffective after a time. I usually buy a new quart every spring.

2. Yes, fill your previously empty water heater with the solution, too. Lots of nasty's like the warm safe environment.....(one source of the dreaded sulfur smelling hot water).

3. After time is up, pull the drain plug and drain the heater first, along with the rest of the system. Make sure to get everything drained - shower hoses, toilet, low points, outside hose connection points, etc. Close it all up, and just fill the heater. Drain just the heater again.

4. Then proceed with flushing the rest of the system. It won't take a lot, as it all has been pretty well drained off already.

BTW - the used bleach water is perfectly safe for driveways, grass, etc. It starts off about the same level as swimming pool water, and the bleach itself gets used up doing its job.

A strong bleach smell in a pool or out of your faucet is the result of combining with organics in the water - so it has done it's job. In a swimming pool, that actually means MORE bleach is needed to keep the concentration high enough to fight future contamination. So a strong smelling pool is actually still dirty! But for your faucet, not anything to worry about.

And...most "city water" is treated to ensure that the "bleach" (chorine) is pretty used up by the time it makes it to a tap. There may be a bit, depending on how far away from the treatment plant you are, but never enough to assume it will prevent things from growing by itself.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you get bleach into your fresh water tank. When filling my fresh water tank with water i use the power fill setting. Not sure how to get bleach to flow to the fresh water tank.

When winterizing all the lines i use a short homemade hose directly from the antifreeze container hooked up to the nautilus system and get it through every line with the pump pulling the antifreeze from the jug.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I put in the hose you power fill with. Fill tank say 1/3. turn off water and partially drain fill hose leaving the end connected to the trailer. Then use a funnel and fill you filling hose with the correct amount of bleach, reconnect and continue your power fill.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    I put in the hose you power fill with. Fill tank say 1/3. turn off water and partially drain fill hose leaving the end connected to the trailer. Then use a funnel and fill you filling hose with the correct amount of bleach, reconnect and continue your power fill.
    Sounds good. Also, another way would be to fill a bucket with the correct bleach to water ratio and use the siphon fill setting via the pump.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. so I can power fill my fresh water tank with the pump from basically any water source?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FR8TFLYER View Post
    Thanks. so I can power fill my fresh water tank with the pump from basically any water source?
    On a Solitude, there is a sanitize setting on the nautilus panel. This allows you to pump water from a bucket (i hold onto an empty antifeeze jug to "predilute" bleach as Sande005 mentioned above) into the freshwater tank. I would not want to "fill" the freshwater tank doing a gallon of water at a time, but yes, I can pump water from "any" source (one close enough for a short hose to connect) into my fresh tank.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    NO Power fill does not use the pump, only city water pressure. If you us both the pump may be damaged. There is a separate setting to fill the water tank using the pump. Study the Nautilus manual.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 yes, on "Sanitize"
    I keep some 5gal collapsible jugs and a 5' hose end in the rig. We have over 100g of waste but only 45 fresh. More water means staying out a lot longer!
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One word of advice... Don't make our mistake. My wife always buys the "un-scented" bleach. That doesn't help determine when the pipes are full at all! DO NOT buy un-scented bleach!
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast