Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tv antenna just stopped working

We have a Reflection 150 260RD. Camping for 2 days and TV antenna was working fine, although just getting 6 channels. Got up this morning and no channels at all. Antenna boost is on. Anyone have their antenna just stop working? Not sure what to try. Any suggestions welcomed.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thinking about the components: TV, signal amplifier, coax cables, signal splitters, and the antenna itself. Easiest thing to try is to rescan for channels on the TV, second, look over / tighten/ inspect for broken wire on coax connections behind the TV and on the TV signal amplifier ( some of these connections are behind the fireplace in my rig), try the TV at another wired location in the RV, try a different TV. After that it gets a bit ugly. Like pulling the antenna off of the roof or dropping coroplast to look over wiring.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before doing the ugly part, and if the wiring looked good and the TV is for sure OK, I would replace the signal amplifier which would be quite easy.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is your 12V system good? Converter on/battery charged?
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first thing I would do is make sure the light is on for the booster, you said it is on so I suspect the light is lit.

Next I would run a scan for channels on the TV, it is possible it lost it’s memory overnight. Not real likely, but possible.

CHeck the connections between the TV and the wall plate, if they are tight remove the screws holding the wall plate in place and check the connections on the back of it.

The next place to check would be at the antenna itself, i have never been inside one of them so I don’t know what that would involve but I suspect there are connections inside there to be checked as well.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First I’d rescan. Then I would check to see where the TV tower(s) is and what channels to expect. Since you didn’t say what channels are gone they could all be from one station and the signal was marginal at best and now it is too weak. Atmospheric conditions can do that.

How far are you from the tower(s)? What channel numbers are gone? Is the antenna pointed toward the towers? If you get any channel, can you see the signal level on the TV, some have that, most don’t.

Check out the TV Towers app. Very handy.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods