Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Air Compressors

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 210craig View Post
    This is my 1st unit with H rated (17.5, 110 psi) tires. I have a portable compressor, but I don't think it is going to cut it. I have seen mixed reviews on the VIAIR 450P 12v. Anybody using it with H's? With a geny is anybody using a 110V compressor? If so, what model? You can buy a small one for about $130.00 and I was surprised how light it is. The VIAIR is 15 lbs and the husky at HD only weighed 30 lbs.
    Well I went with this one at least for now. It was only $110.00 and it weighs only 27 lbs and does 150psi.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 840534017378.jpg  

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were having the stick house worked on and they had this nice quiet air compressor. I got one for our usage. KEN

Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://airpsi.com/low-noise/rolair-...ir-compressor/

Very quiet, easy to carry, 125 psi max, empty to 125psi in about a minute.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 210craig View Post
    This is my 1st unit with H rated (17.5, 110 psi) tires. I have a portable compressor, but I don't think it is going to cut it. I have seen mixed reviews on the VIAIR 450P 12v. Anybody using it with H's? With a geny is anybody using a 110V compressor? If so, what model? You can buy a small one for about $130.00 and I was surprised how light it is. The VIAIR is 15 lbs and the husky at HD only weighed 30 lbs.
    I have the Viare 450 mounted on the underside of the pickup truck with a 4 gallon air tank. It's great for inflating the tires on the truck which are 120 psi. And an air chuck on the rear bumper. With a coil hose it will reach the trailers 110 psi tires. And a bonus it powers the 5 train horns great.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought one very similar to this one at Harbor Freight:

https://www.harborfreight.com/12v-15...olt+compressor

It has not problem hitting Psi's over 100 and if I connect the alligator clips to my batteries in the front of the 42.5 foot RV it will reach all four RV tires.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I opted to just outfit the rig with its own dedicated power tool kit for convenience. Harbor Freight sells Bauer. Bauer is apparently made by Dewalt though the batteries are not interchangeable. Went with the Bauer 20v portable for 50 bucks and a drill with battery and bag for 34 on sale. The pump is great, and Im kind of wishing I had saved the money and bought Bauer for my house instead of the Dewalt.

Oh! And the Bauer batteries work on the Harbor Freight Earthquake 20v impact gun, too. You can find the 12v outlet adapters for your 7-pin, cutting distances in half should the battery die.

https://www.harborfreight.com/20v12v...nly-64533.html

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im all over the board on onboard air. I put airlift ultimates on my truck and opted not to put the dedicated air because I was going to put the viair onboard system with tank. I did not want to spend $400 for the dedicated air then another $600 for the onboard air. Ive ended up doing neither. Even though I really wanted that air horn.

Now Im back to doing the dedicated air because filling the bags (filler valves in driver rear wheel well) is a pain. It takes so little air that with a regular compressor I over shoot it and then you try and let the air out and you undershoot it. I had no idea they were that sensitive. I bought a 150 psi compressor for the big westlake 125 psi Hs and Im going to add the airlift ezmount for the bags and call it a day.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 400w of 110volt power in the truck. Bought a 110 v Kobalt compressor with two small tanks for $100 (Lowes), works great! BTW, I bought clamp-on valves for the end of the hose so I don't have to stand there holding the inflator. My old compressor would not start with the 400 watts from the truck.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I carry a high end bicycle pump that will go up to 150 PSI and make sure my tires are at proper inflation before leaving home. It may take a little more effort when needed but it only costs $30 and weighs about 1 pound. It has a gauge built in.
    JimandMeresa
    2016 Chevy 2500
    2017 Imagine 2670 MK

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in the process of installing a Viair 485C onboard system on my F450. My intention is to be able to use it for truck & trailer tires, air tools, air bags (maybe eventually on the 349M), maybe an air horn, and for a couple of the sports I do.

I'm getting a reputation on different forums for going way far on upgrades, so take this with a couple grains of NaCl.

Last edited by jjbbrewer; 03-11-2021 at 09:05 AM.
    signature

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast