Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Air Compressors

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbbrewer View Post
    I'm in the process of installing a Viair 485C onboard system on my F450. My intention is to be able to use it for truck & trailer tires, air tools, air bags (maybe eventually on the 349M), maybe an air horn, and for a couple of the sports I do.

I'm getting a reputation on different forums for going way far on upgrades, so take this with a couple grains of NaCl.

O how sweet it is. I have a much less refined set up on my truck to power my Kenworth horns. Unfortunately not working now. Getting a new truck so I have a chance to upgrade. I don't thing this is way to far - more like priceless.

Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    O how sweet it is. I have a much less refined set up on my truck to power my Kenworth horns. Unfortunately not working now. Getting a new truck so I have a chance to upgrade. I don't thing this is way to far - more like priceless.
    Thanks for saying that. For some reason people on this forum have been flaming me about overdoing the modifications on my truck & toy hauler (TPMS, electrical, sewer, etc).

It's refreshing to see someone say something nice.

If you're interested, there's a thread on the ford-trucks forum where I'm kind of posting a step-by-step progress on this project. There are some other (what I consider) cool modifications for onboard air other guys have done there as well.
    signature

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for saying that. For some reason people on this forum have been flaming me about overdoing the modifications on my truck & toy hauler (TPMS, electrical, sewer, etc).

It's refreshing to see someone say something nice.

If you're interested, there's a thread on the ford-trucks forum where I'm kind of posting a step-by-step progress on this project. There are some other (what I consider) cool modifications for onboard air other guys have done there as well.
    I think I have the same mindset as you....I don't look at it as overdoing things but doing things to my standards....
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wont hear that from me. Im in the cant do to much camp.

On the 350, Ive added airlifts, retrax rolltop, bug rug, next wednesday Im going to Ft Worth to atta tanks and having a 50g aux fuel tank with matching tool box installed. All fits under the retrax.

On the 397th (have had 2 weeks), Ive installed a furrion s7, power watchdog hardwire ems, tst tpms (passthru), new master king mattress, screens over eveything and have ordered roadmaster shocks for all 3 axles. Going to try and get them installed next week if they get here in time. Next after that is slide toppers. Then a Dish sattellite system, internet, then tackle the garage for the triglide.

Still contemplating switching from the companion and morryde rubber pinbox to a goosebox. It tows pretty sweet now. I will wait to test out the roadmasters before I decide.

Already thinking about a solar setup, inverter and lithium bats.

I lay awake at night thinking about whaI can add next. Now that you mention it, maybe its me with the problem.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 210craig View Post

On the 350, Ive added airlifts, retrax rolltop, bug rug, next wednesday Im going to Ft Worth to atta tanks and having a 50g aux fuel tank with matching tool box installed. All fits under the retrax.

On the 397th (have had 2 weeks), Ive installed a furrion s7, power watchdog hardwire ems, tst tpms (passthru), new master king mattress, screens over eveything and have ordered roadmaster shocks for all 3 axles. Going to try and get them installed next week if they get here in time. Next after that is slide toppers. Then a Dish sattellite system, internet, then tackle the garage for the triglide.

Still contemplating switching from the companion and morryde rubber pinbox to a goosebox. It tows pretty sweet now. I will wait to test out the roadmasters before I decide.

I lay awake at night thinking about whaI can add next. Now that you mention it, maybe its me with the problem.
    Can you please put me in touch with the atta tank folks and your custom tank dimensions. I am wanting the exact same set up for my new F350. I have the retrax cover planed too.

Thanks
    Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Their website is attatank.com The model for a roll top is AT52TT-RT. You have a couple of options on transfer. I went with the more expensive Freedom fill because its all automatic. Primary tank gets to half, transfer kicks in till its 3/4 and repeats till aux tank empty. The other is manual. You have to turn on the switch watch fuel gauge and turn off. I did not spring for the powder coated (+300) or the truck bed liner (+400). They are military and first responder sensitive and give you a 10% discount.

There is a wait time as they are custom built. I had to wait about 4 weeks. I live in San Antonio, so Ft Worth is about 3 hours from here. The reason I'm having it installed is they estimated about $200 to ship freight, but they will install it for $250.00 (takes 2.5 hours). So for a little diesel and a day I can have them do the install and know its right.

I learned about it from this YouTube video of a guy installing one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plaCF32gnoA&t=753s

On the Retrax just know it sticks in about a inch and a half past the truck bed sides (at least on my 2020 dually). Meaning I can only get about 80 degrees before hitting rails. I'm scheming on how to address it. The cartridge (the box the top rolls into) hangs on the rails with these 2 big screws on each side and the rails are held on by clamps. After I get the aux tank in which sits under the cartridge I'm going to fab some legs and attach the cart to them, then attach the cart to the front of the bed. Then remove the 4 big screws so that the rails are independent to the cart. The idea is if I get in a bind needing more than 80 degrees, I can pop the clamps off on the side I need to turn, drop the rail in the bed, make the turn, then pop the rail back on. I anticipate only needing this if I'm in a tight space backing and need to do a hard 90 pivot.

Hope this helps
    2021 Grand Design Momentum 397th
    MORryde Rubber Pinbox, CRE 3000, Sumo Springs
    2020 F-350 CC DRW Diesel, LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate
    B&W 20K Companion Hitch, ATTA 50g Aux Fuel Tank

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @jjbbrewer @210craig @Heavysledz I'm in the same camp as y'all. Two is one and one is none... It's just a challenge convincing the wife that we need two of everything...

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 210craig View Post

Sounds like you've got a lot of Willie Nelson projects..."Always On My Mind". LOL.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    @jjbbrewer @210craig @Heavysledz I'm in the same camp as y'all. Two is one and one is none... It's just a challenge convincing the wife that we need two of everything...
    True that!
    I have a pretty tolerant wife. Her latest quote, "You know, if you put another motorcycle in your garage, I probably wouldn't notice."
    So I'm accepting that challenge.

@210craig that tank/toolbox in the video you posted is REALLY nice. If I was getting one, that's the one, for sure.
    signature

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Her latest quote, "You know, if you put another motorcycle in your garage, I probably wouldn't notice."
    So I'm accepting that challenge.
    LMAO! Your funeral?! Do we send flowers or make a donation in your name?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast