User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did any of you towing with the F150 have an issue with the trailer backup assist on the 22MLE? We use a Blue Ox WDH and the length is too long to stay within the setup distance limits for the backup assist. It’s not the end of the world but it would be nice to have that feature available.
    Rob and Joyce
    Grayslake IL
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2020 Ford F150 XLT 3.5L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robt225 View Post
    Did any of you towing with the F150 have an issue with the trailer backup assist on the 22MLE? We use a Blue Ox WDH and the length is too long to stay within the setup distance limits for the backup assist. It’s not the end of the world but it would be nice to have that feature available.
    I’m towing my 22MLE with an F-150 and the Blue Ox SwayPro and was able to do the Backup Assist setup. That said, I’ve never actually used it. I was always taught to steer from the bottom of the wheel when backing up a trailer and haven’t felt the need to use the feature.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverOne View Post
    Thanks to everyone for your insights. As a result of your advice, I eliminated some of the options on the F-150, such as a topper and deployable steps, to reduce the weight. I also specified LT tires which are each rated for 3,400 lbs. I did order the telescoping and folding tow mirrors, as suggested.
    @RoverOne I cannot speak to the F150 since I tow with the F350 but one feature I hope you have is the Ultimate Tow Camera in your truck. I have and find it very useful for any number of scenarios. Lastly congrats on your new rigs. Safe Travels!!
    2020 Solitude 372WB
    2017 F350 Superduty 4x4, Heavy Duty Tow Package
    2900 Superglide Hitch, MORryde Rubber Pinbox
    Zinny, Golden Retriever (rescue)
    Belle, Golden Retriever (rescue)

"Life With a Dog is a Gift"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zinman View Post
    @RoverOne I cannot speak to the F150 since I tow with the F350 but one feature I hope you have is the Ultimate Tow Camera in your truck. I have and find it very useful for any number of scenarios. Lastly congrats on your new rigs. Safe Travels!!
    To my knowledge this is only available in the super duty models.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Trails View Post
    I’m towing my 22MLE with an F-150 and the Blue Ox SwayPro and was able to do the Backup Assist setup. That said, I’ve never actually used it. I was always taught to steer from the bottom of the wheel when backing up a trailer and haven’t felt the need to use the feature.
    Same here. Got it setup but never used it.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did get it working after all. I was missing one step when activating it. I have to say its pretty nice. You back up the trailer by turning a knob a few degrees rather than the wheel. Its definitely in the “nice to have but not absolutely needed” category.
    Rob and Joyce
    Grayslake IL
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2020 Ford F150 XLT 3.5L

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zinman View Post
    Is this different than the pre-wired camera setup on the rear? And why do you like it so much?
    Rob and Joyce
    Grayslake IL
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2020 Ford F150 XLT 3.5L

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverOne View Post
    Thanks to everyone for your insights. As a result of your advice, I eliminated some of the options on the F-150, such as a topper and deployable steps, to reduce the weight. I also specified LT tires which are each rated for 3,400 lbs. I did order the telescoping and folding tow mirrors, as suggested.
    I'm surprised that no one suggested you order it with HDPP! I certainly would have ordered mine that way if I had known.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    X2 on the HDPP! I ordered it on my 2012, and it has been the best thing! No worries, even towed a smallish 5th for several years.
    It does limit some of the sizes, trim lines and options, but if you really intend to camp a lot, and do long trips, it is the only way to go!
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2015 F150 with 2.7 and max tow/payload here. I also tow a 22MLE. I also use the BlueOX WDH. Works just fine. My only comment would be: I wish I had factory tow mirrors. The aftermarket ones I installed are just "ok". Otherwise it tows really well. Very happy with the setup.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast