User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The weight sheet for my 22 MLE has the tongue at 696 lbs. Add my WDH and "stuff" in the bay I'm at about 850 lbs. I don't have an F150, but my payload is 1440. If I bring my kayaks I'm about max'd out on payload and GVWR and it's just the two of us. Getting rid of the topper will definitely increase your payload. The 3.5 EB is a great engine and will get you over the highest of passes. Smart getting the tow mirrors and LT tires.
    2012 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Z71 6.2l aka "Luci"
    2020 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE aka "Desi"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by RoverOne View Post
    Hello, I am new to this forum since my wife and I just ordered an Imagine XLS 22MLE. I have a question about towing capabilities. In anticipation of ordering the Imagine Travel Trailer, we placed an order for a 2021 Ford F-150 truck with SuperCrew Cab, 3.5L Ecoboost V6 engine, Lariat model, 5.5' bed, Topper, and Max Tow Package. I am now concerned that I might have ordered an inadequate truck. The payload limit on the truck seems to be around 1,500 lbs which might be less than the combined weight of the 22MLE tongue, 2 passengers, and cargo. Are there any persons out there who are towing this camper with the same truck? Thank you in advance for your responses.
    So just yesterday, Ford finally has the ability to verify Payload based on VIN.
    All you need is the last 8 digits and you’ll see all options and be able to enter rider & cargo weight along with selecting the Tongue Weight (TW) of the trailer between 10-15%.

https://fordfleetlive.com/#/VinCalculator
    2021 Imagine 2400BH w/ Blue Ox Sway Pro 1000# WDH
    Modifications: Goodyear Endurance 225/75R16 LRE, Road Armor w/ HD Wet Bolts, Dual 6V Trojan T105+
    2015 F150 Lariat 5.0L V8 SCrew 6.5' 3.55

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverOne View Post
    Hello, I am new to this forum since my wife and I just ordered an Imagine XLS 22MLE. I have a question about towing capabilities. In anticipation of ordering the Imagine Travel Trailer, we placed an order for a 2021 Ford F-150 truck with SuperCrew Cab, 3.5L Ecoboost V6 engine, Lariat model, 5.5' bed, Topper, and Max Tow Package. I am now concerned that I might have ordered an inadequate truck. The payload limit on the truck seems to be around 1,500 lbs which might be less than the combined weight of the 22MLE tongue, 2 passengers, and cargo. Are there any persons out there who are towing this camper with the same truck? Thank you in advance for your responses.
    I will open with I have a 2018 F150 Ext cab 4x4 with 3.5 Eco. Once in an emergency I towed a 29' 7000# trailer with no WDH and double the amount of hunting gear and ice chest packed in the truck. It was not a quick 60 miles. Starters you have plenty of truck for the weight of the trailer, 11,200 lbs worth and possibly 14,000 depending on exact config. Payload (weight of everything that goes into the truck including fuel) to find this you need to know the GVWR.
    Look on the door sticker. Ford says your curb weight is 4700 for 2WD and 4950 for 4WD. Subtract that from the GVWR to find your payload. Your truck in Lariat Crewcab 5.5' bed is somewhere between 2050-2300 for payload. The trailer list 490/5176 unloaded weights under max trailer GVWR 6995 the hitch weight could be 700 lbs. Now as for LT tires they are not needed. Your truck can't carry anything close to an E rated tire. You will have to run 45-50 psi to match the load capacity of the P rated tires. This will result in a harsher ride when unloaded. When Ford calculated and published the capacity of the truck it is as stated with P rated tires unless noted otherwise.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123