User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ground Control 3 Front Button non-responsive

I called Lippert Tech support today and I was impressed with their assistance with troubleshooting an issue

When I went to raise the RV front (drop front jacks) the Front button was non-responsive. The only way I was able to raise the front of the RV to get it off my Andersen hitch was to alternately drop left and right jacks independently.

Lippert had me try the FRONT button in manual mode in both drop and retract mode. And then verify REAR button was acting normally in both drop and retract mode. REAR button worked properly but FRONT button didn’t do anything. They said dead FRONT button contact. They recommended Amazon or EBay to source a replacement keypad.

I have one coming from an eBay seller for $200 with 100% positive feedback selling RV components. It should be here next Tuesday.

I also ordered the wireless remote option from Amazon. It is supposed to work even with a failed hard wired panel. We will see on Saturday when it arrives. I’ll report back after devices arrive.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad they were able to help you out quickly. Its things like this where the One Control system is helpful. You could use the LCD panel or your phone/tablet if that switch didnt work.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You wouldn't believe how many control panels have been on our Solitude in under 1.5 years of ownership, plus two brains! I believe the failure rate is why you see some manufacturers have moved away from Lippert's system this year. Our dealer replaced one, I replaced one, the Factory Service Center did the next, then GD mobile tech the next, then when back at the FSC replaced twice more as one right out of box wasn't contacting right!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    You wouldn't believe how many control panels have been on our Solitude in under 1.5 years of ownership, plus two brains! I believe the failure rate is why you see some manufacturers have moved away from Lippert's system this year. Our dealer replaced one, I replaced one, the Factory Service Center did the next, then GD mobile tech the next, then when back at the FSC replaced twice more as one right out of box wasn't contacting right!
    I guess we were lucky. We lived in our 399 for 3 years and used the panel daily, never any problems. Fingers crossed we are just as lucky with our 311. On the bright side, they installed redundant switched for everything on the 311, so not a huge deal if the One Control system has some quirks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    WOW geotex1, Have had our 3350 for 2 years now and haven't had any trouble with the leveling system. Never had to even reset the level on it. Luck of the draw?
    We did have our converter go out. I still think it was the rough roads thru Arkansas I55 or 57 cant remember which. Replaced the converter, took the old one apart and found one leg of a capacitor broken off. Soldered and it works fine, now a spare. I guess we have been lucky.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    WOW geotex1, Have had our 3350 for 2 years now and haven't had any trouble with the leveling system. Never had to even reset the level on it. Luck of the draw?
    We did have our converter go out. I still think it was the rough roads thru Arkansas I55 or 57 cant remember which. Replaced the converter, took the old one apart and found one leg of a capacitor broken off. Soldered and it works fine, now a spare. I guess we have been lucky.
    Yeah, we gut the turkey as ours didn't work right from Day 1. Ultimately became a study piece for Lippert, GD, and myself. However, after staying on it and two trips out to the FSC, it has been working as it should! I share an opinion with others in the industry that there were bad runs/poor QC in the overseas manufacturing. I witnessed entire pallets being returned to Lippert.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    I called Lippert Tech support today and I was impressed with their assistance with troubleshooting an issue

When I went to raise the RV front (drop front jacks) the Front button was non-responsive. The only way I was able to raise the front of the RV to get it off my Andersen hitch was to alternately drop left and right jacks independently.

Lippert had me try the FRONT button in manual mode in both drop and retract mode. And then verify REAR button was acting normally in both drop and retract mode. REAR button worked properly but FRONT button didn’t do anything. They said dead FRONT button contact. They recommended Amazon or EBay to source a replacement keypad.

I have one coming from an eBay seller for $200 with 100% positive feedback selling RV components. It should be here next Tuesday.

I also ordered the wireless remote option from Amazon. It is supposed to work even with a failed hard wired panel. We will see on Saturday when it arrives. I’ll report back after devices arrive.
    UPDATE, to close the loop:

I received the wireless remote first on Friday and immediately programmed it using instructions on YouTube. It works like a charm. All buttons are responsive

The new panel arrived today. It installed easily using YouTube instructions and all buttons now function properly.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg