Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 351m Owner with Question

Hi all, new owner of the 351M cannot wait to take it out this spring, couple questions though and hopefully not a stupid one, I have the Solar package and in the basement storage have the 2 battery disconnects, one is for the batteries of course and the second according to the manual is for the Inverter, my question is why does the inverter need the disconnect when on the same wall there is the on/off switch for the inverter? Also can I leave the inverter on when I get to my site and connect to shore power or do I have to turn on and off after connecting and disconnecting power what happens if there is power failure at camp? Second question in the garage there are no corner cabinets like there is in the bigger M class garages, is it possible to purchase them from GD or some third party or is there a reason the 351 doesn’t have them? Thanks in advance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 351M.jpg  

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd trace the wire and confirm it is for the inverter and not incoming solar power. If it is for the inverter, it may protect against any parasitic draw off the inverter, even when off.

I'd have someone who has them measure the cabinets and compare to your available space. It might be pretty tight. You may not be able to access them if the beds are in the up position.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    I'd trace the wire and confirm it is for the inverter and not incoming solar power. If it is for the inverter, it may protect against any parasitic draw off the inverter, even when off.

I'd have someone who has them measure the cabinets and compare to your available space. It might be pretty tight. You may not be able to access them if the beds are in the up position.
    I will give that a shot guess never thought to look at where it was going but just figured Manual would be correct and might be just for parasitic draw, after posted looked at floor plans for 351 compared to others that had the corner cabinets and seems would be over a window on one side and the door to the other so wondering if there is not enough support in those locations.