Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2800BH - kitchen faucet replacement

Looks like my mobile RV repair guy may not make it and I am going to need to replace the kitchen faucet myself. It is leaking in a freeze related issue.
    Does anyone have experience with doing such. Pretty darn tight squeeze and a lot of working blind and by feel. I have an 11-inch t-handle faucet wrench and I think one of those multi faucet/plumber wrenches as well.
    Also, can some advise on the size of a plug that would be needed to plug the supply lines coming from the camper. I would like to pressure it up while I have the faucet disconnected to see if I have other leaks.
    I won't get into detail regarding the damage. But simply will state that my usual South Texas winterization efforts failed me during the prolonged single-digit temps my area experienced during the recent cold snap. My RV is in storage and the damaged cost me one trip. Hope to have it ready for the next trip at the end of the month. So if there are other issues, I want to find them now.
    I am somewhat challenged finding how to pressure just one side vs the other (cold vs. hot). I am using a fitting that goes into the water inlet that allows me to pressure it up with air using a shrader valve.
    2022 Imagine 3250
    2021 f250 fx4 7.3
    2016 Harley Ultra Limited
    1971 F100 Flareside (project)

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2800BH - kitchen faucet replacement

I have used these on another trailer and plan on putting them on our new one in the spring

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0562.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	7.9 KB 
ID:	32499

As far as removing the old faucet I am sure it will require some bloodshed

Everything generally just has plastic fittings that are easy to undo

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Completed the faucet swap today. Took about three hours. Used a Moen. required a fitting to connect faucets feed lines to camper supply lines.
    Kind of wished I had used blue loctite on the threads for the faucet hold down nut.
    Afterwards I pressured up system with air at 32 psi and it seems to be holding

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    2022 Imagine 3250
    2021 f250 fx4 7.3

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looking at getting a PEX clamp removal tool and possibly, a PEX clamp tool. Are the lines on our travel trailers 3/8 or 1/2 inch?
    I had to remove both of the pex clamps under the sink yesterday. One I got off in about 30 minutes, the other about 1 hour - did not have a wide variety of tools available to me. Did not spill blood.

Name:	under.faucet.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	32526
    2022 Imagine 3250
    2021 f250 fx4 7.3

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by f100owner View Post
    I looking at getting a PEX clamp removal tool and possibly, a PEX clamp tool. Are the lines on our travel trailers 3/8 or 1/2 inch?
    I had to remove both of the pex clamps under the sink yesterday. One I got off in about 30 minutes, the other about 1 hour - did not have a wide variety of tools available to me. Did not spill blood.

Name:	under.faucet.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	32526
    The PEX lines are 1/2", but just a reminder that's the PEX lines themselves and not the braided soft house, which you can see in your photo. From my understanding that house technically requires an actual barbed hose fitting and a hose clamp, and not a PEX style connection.
    2019 Imagine 2400bh
    2019 f150 XLT Crew, 6.5' box, 3.55 ratio