User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackhays View Post
    We bought a 221MLE in August 2020 and love it.
    I did purchase the Blue Ox equalizer as our old setup, not Blue Ox, was damaged in an accident.
    I love the pivoting chain grabbers and have never had a equalizer so easy to use.
    We have no issues pulling it with our 2012 GMC Sierra 1/2 ton with towing package, etc.
    The only issue is the constant blue light at night but a hanging cloth easily fixed that.
    Enjoy safely.
    That blue light drove me nuts. Not to high jack or deviate this thread, look it on here as there's a few solution. Replace the switch for a dimmer or swap 2 wires behind it. We went dimmer.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes sir,
    For us "low end" cult RVers, this is a great trailer that pulls very well with the 1/2 truck of choice. True, a 3/4 ton would pull it better as well as a Pro Pride/Hensley hitch may increase towing safety. Still, both are costly items IMHO for the RVer with some "seat time" under their belt.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went with the recurve r3 great hitch very simple to setup and use. We pull with a 2017 Nissan Titan with no issues. Love the 22 mle its a great couples camper. Enjoy

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tow through the Colorado Rocky Mountains with a 2019 Dodge Rebel. No sway issues due to the weight distribution hitch. I too used to have a Coleman previous to this 22MLE and have noticed little to no change. Now that you've made the decision on the 22MLE, be sure to check out my post how to maximise your pantry space with sliding drawers and baskets.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone for the great replies.
    I finally tweaked our W.D.H. and towed up to the local Truck Stop and weighed it on CAT Scales.
    Truck is 2017 Colorado Crew cab Diesel short bed. It has factory towing package with tow haul mode and the integrated trailer brake control and with exhaust brake.
    It's set up just like our 6.6 Crew Cab dually's were, just not all the beef. LOL
    Truck Max ratings as follows: GVCW 12,700 lbs. Max trailer weight towing 7,700 lbs. Max hitch/tongue weight of 760 with W.D.H.
    Trailer loaded and Truck weights on Scale: GVCW 11,460 lbs. Trailer loaded weight 6,000 lbs. Tongue Weight 640 lbs.
    We're 1,240 lbs under Max GVCW rating. Trailer loaded is 995 lbs under Max GVW rating. Tongue weight is 120 lbs under Max Rating.
    All axles are under G.W.R .
    Truck is under it's Gross Vehicle Rating.
    Tows easy and like a dream compared to the Coleman 1705 RB. as far as ride and sway.
    Plenty of power cruising at speed limits and getting out in traffic, don't know where this little diesel gets all of it's pulling prowess.
    We had towed the Coleman briefly with a 2016 Silverado High Country Crew Cab 4x4 5.3 with 8 speed tranny.
    It was always shifting down and revving up on any grade, even slight ones.
    Not saying it didn't have enough power but was always searching for a gear whether in tow haul or not.
    Got 10 mpg towing.
    We were getting 15 towing the Coleman with the Colorado at 55 mph and 14 at 65 and 70 mph.
    I like to stay at 65 mph uses less fuel and a lot safer.
    Going the 20 miles to the Scale and back with the 22MLE I was getting 14.7 running 55 mph and briefly 45 mph in a couple of speed limit areas.
    Have a trip planed for Sunday about 90 miles to campground. I'll know better what real world mpg numbers will be by then.
    I suspect we will lose a couple of mpg towing the extra 1,000 lbs, but the drag is about the same. The Coleman was shorter but same width and height.
    That parachute that we pull with a tall wide trailer. LOL.
    Anyways I'll let y'all know how it goes then.
    Thanks again for all of the input.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear. Sounds like a great combo
    Have fun

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Glad to hear. Sounds like a great combo
    Have fun

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Thanks hoping it works out okay. I don't like to be close to the upper end of tow ratings but I think we're under enough to not tax out the truck's capabilities.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
    Thanks hoping it works out okay. I don't like to be close to the upper end of tow ratings but I think we're under enough to not tax out the truck's capabilities.
    I would much rather be around a person that knows they are close to the limits and drives accordingly vs the guy who isn’t and thinks he can tow the moon

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    I would much rather be around a person that knows they are close to the limits and drives accordingly vs the guy who isn’t and thinks he can tow the moon

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    So true, the ratings are put in place for a reason. It's not just about not working a tow vehicle to death by stressing it out, but to keep everyone safe.
    Some people wonder Gee! I wonder how much can I really pull or tow. When they should be thinking Just because it can pull it can it stop it safely and be stable in adverse conditions or emergency situations like panic stopping/braking and lane changes.
    Not to mention if the vehicle is over the limits and you are involved in an accident then it can be severe civil and even possibly criminal penalties.
    Not to mention a very hefty fine.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update on our 22MLE and TV. We went on several trips and the little Colorado did a great job. But then we decided that we wanted to haul our bikes and more stuff.
    Well you can't put two full size bikes in a Short bed that has a tool box on it and then close the tailgate, and you have to close the tailgate in order to tow.
    Bikes are just too long.
    I didn't want to hang them off of the rear of the trailer. And didn't want to close the gap on our weight and margins any closer than they were.
    Our Local Chevy Dealer of which we have a great relationship with, knew we were looking for something with more room and a longer bed payload etc .
    We were trying to find a used 4 or 5 year old standard or long bed Chevy or GMC 2500 6.6 Diesel crew cab with a towing package.
    We looked a a few trucks at other Dealers and the one's that were in good shape and had acceptable mileage on them were priced at almost new truck prices $.
    And the Dealers wouldn't budge enough on the prices.
    And we found out that they were selling them like hotcakes. Trucks are hot right now, especially used ones.
    Our Dealer called us and said that they had just taken in a 2019 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate technology package and the ultimate max towing package 1500 crew cab standard bed with 6.2 gas engine and 10 speed trans. It had low miles and was still under the 3 yr 36,000 Bumper to Bumper original Factory warranty.
    We also got and unlimited 7 or 10 year 200,000 mile power train warranty and a bumper to bumper aftermarket GM approved warranty that kicks in after the Factory one expires.
    It was a one owner vehicle. An elderly Snowbird couple from Wisconsin owned it.
    Every year they drove it from up North down here every fall to winter in Central Florida and it has never had a trailer hooked up to it.
    It was garage kept up North in the Summer and also garage kept while here in the winter.
    It was made in Canada to be a Canadian vehicle. Now a lot of trucks are built in Canada but made to be shipped to the U.S.
    I didn't know that there was a difference. The Owners Manual was in French LOL and they said the window sticker was also in French. The vehicle RPO was different also. All Canadian trucks whether gas or Diesel get a block heater as standard equipment. I'm pretty sure I won't have to plug it in down here LOL.
    We found out that the truck was transferred to a Wisconsin GMC Dealer for another vehicle that the Canadian GMC Dealer wanted or vise versa.
    Didn't know that happened between Dealers on opposite sides of the border, I know it happens all of the time in the States between Dealers. LOL.
    It was sold as new to the previous owner and the Certificate of origin was processed for a Wisconsin U.S. Title. So it's only ever been titled in the U.S.
    The truck is immaculate and has every option and then some that can be had. It has the multi surround camera system and so forth.
    We traded our Colorado in for it. Hated to part with the little Diesel but had to jump on this as they gave us a super deal.
    We put our WDH on it and amazingly didn't have to do anything but change the ball pitch angle a little bit.
    Both trucks had identical receiver heights. Didn't have to realign the setup on the trailer either.
    Did the Cat scales and everything is great was not even close on weight margins.
    We get about 10.3 mpg towing on the highway with this truck a couple of mpg's less than the diesel but it has so much more power and a longer wheelbase is always better when towing.
    Also the trans temp never went above 172 degrees while towing even when working it hard in the heat.
    Trans temp is way lower towing than any truck I've ever had. Love the 10 speed.
    Done three 220 or so mile round trips so far and couldn't be happier.
    Sorry for the long post but tried to get it all in.

Happy camping everyone.
    Last edited by cowboy; 04-20-2021 at 08:58 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast