User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Hitch for Ram 3500 and 320MKS?

I posted this on the Tow Vehicle Forum, but probably should have posted it here instead.

I finally got a truck. A cordial thank-you to all who offered suggestions. It's a 2018 Ram 3500 crew-cab Turbo-diesel dually with the Aisin transmission. Stated towing capacity is about 25,000 lbs. So now I need to get a hitch. What do you towing gurus recommend? I have been offered a B&W Companion hitch purchased by someone who never actually put it on his truck or used it for $750. Would that work, and is it a good deal?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Jenkins View Post
    I posted this on the Tow Vehicle Forum, but probably should have posted it here instead.

I finally got a truck. A cordial thank-you to all who offered suggestions. It's a 2018 Ram 3500 crew-cab Turbo-diesel dually with the Aisin transmission. Stated towing capacity is about 25,000 lbs. So now I need to get a hitch. What do you towing gurus recommend? I have been offered a B&W Companion hitch purchased by someone who never actually put it on his truck or used it for $750. Would that work, and is it a good deal?

It is one of the best. As for just how good the deal is.... Which model is it? find out and compare it to Etrailer.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Jenkins View Post

Hey Dave. I just did all of this research as I bought a 320MKS and will be towing it with 2019 RAM 3500 DRW. My truck has the OEM 5th wheel prep so the hitch that fits my truck is the B & W RVK3600 Companion OEM 5th Wheel RV Hitch for RAM Pickup. It’s a 25,000 lbs GTW hitch and runs about $1,300 new.
    2021 GDRV Reflection 320MKS 5ver (hauled by The Beast)
    The Beast - 2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn, CC, LB, DRW, 6.7L Cummins HO, Aisin 6spd, 4wd
    Previous: 2005 Minnie Winnie Class C towing 2014 Mini Cooper Countryman S (both 4 sale)

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your dually has factory pucks, skip traditional and go to a Goosebox and maintain your bed space. After going Goosebox, my B&W is collecting dust in the garage as all of my trailers are goose pulls now.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question is: Is it a short bed or long bed. I put a B&W Companion slider in my truck. 1'st time out, I'm glad I had it! My truck has the puck system so the hitch is specific to the truck. I don't take it out much but if I need to, I can pull it out easily and have full access to the bed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TSeck954 View Post
    Question is: Is it a short bed or long bed. I put a B&W Companion slider in my truck. 1'st time out, I'm glad I had it! My truck has the puck system so the hitch is specific to the truck. I don't take it out much but if I need to, I can pull it out easily and have full access to the bed.
    I’m about 99% sure they did not make a DRW shortbed in 2018.
    2021 GDRV Reflection 320MKS 5ver (hauled by The Beast)
    The Beast - 2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn, CC, LB, DRW, 6.7L Cummins HO, Aisin 6spd, 4wd
    Previous: 2005 Minnie Winnie Class C towing 2014 Mini Cooper Countryman S (both 4 sale)

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjmnklm View Post
    I’m about 99% sure they did not make a DRW shortbed in 2018.
    Mega Cab. Not what the OP has, but is a short bed.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all who responded. My dually is a long bed and I got a B&W Companion hitch. I'm good to go.