User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone with experience towing an XLS 22 MLE

Was wondering if anyone has towed the XLS 22 MLE and what your experience has been with it.
    Issues with swaying etc.
    And any other tidbits you might have.
    Thanks

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No experience with that particular model but as with all trailers ensure there is adequate weight on the tongue and sway won’t happen

I would think you want to strive towards 700 plus lbs which can be hard with rear kitchen units

Use the pass through in the front to keep weight forward

Congrats on the new trailer

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
    Was wondering if anyone has towed the XLS 22 MLE and what your experience has been with it.
    Issues with swaying etc.
    And any other tidbits you might have.
    Thanks
    We love our 22mle. The open floor plan make it feel much bigger. We tow with a F150 2.7 Eb, short bed Lariat and a Husky CenterLine wdh. No issues what so ever. Loaded for our last 2 week trip, 1/3 fresh water, full lp, the trailer was close to 6000 and tw 760 which is right at 12.6%. As with any TT, get a good WDH. Dont cheap out on this and do your research.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great trailer for towing with a 1/2 ton truck if you don't overload it. We pull ours with the Blue Ox WDH and the 1K bars.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As mentioned by @Capt Bob it’s a good trailer for 1/2 ton trucks.

The 22mle is a popular model. If you do a Search in the upper right for 22mle you will get lots of threads.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone, we pick it up Monday and I'll update after we get it home and I get my WDH Reese twin cam sway control set up on it.
    Don't like to tow without the weight distribution anti sway hitch but can't put it on at the dealers. Something about used hitches and liability.
    Hoping it isn't a white knuckle swaying ride pulling it home.
    I am taking it off of our current Travel trailer and reinstalling it on our 22MLE.
    Worked at an RV dealer part time years ago and set a lot of these hitches up.
    Had to go with it on our Coleman 1705 RB single axle as it swayed horribly . Did all the the tricks.
    Tried all the usual loading and tongue weight etc. Even tried two Reese friction bars still not acceptable. Some single axle trailers are prone to sway, maybe because of the placement of the axle, and some two axle trailers also.
    The Dual cam did the trick. And you can tow in rain with it. Friction bars can put you in a predicament on slippery roads. The dual cam straightens or forces the the trailer back in line. Old style hitch but very effective.
    The Coleman weighed in at 4400 loaded.
    So we will be about 800 or 1,000 more heavier with the MLE.
    Hoping that the two axles make it more stable.
    Thanks for the replies
    Last edited by cowboy; 03-06-2021 at 01:14 PM.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone with experience towing an XLS 22 MLE

Hope your drive isn’t far Unloaded it will be light on the tongue and might get tricky without sway control

What size bars do you have now?

Are they heavy enough for this trailer?
    Personally I would want at least 800 lb bars

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are 800 or maybe a little more.
    The way they are set up I can adjust the head ball angle and chain up or down to get it just right. Our other trailer's tongue weight is within a few lbs of the 22MLE.
    It's always fun towing without sway & weight distribution control bars "Not really" But I don't have much choice.
    To really set it up I need air impact wrench. I have to go home for that. Plus to put the twin cam chain bars that hold the torsion bars I need to plate the top of the trailer frame where they mount with some 1/4" flat steel. On these new thinner style light box frame's the frame can buckle when you torque the u bolts down that hold the assembly. I've seen it happen.
    Don't want to weld them in case I want to take them off later. When you set them up you have to move the truck and trailer perfectly straight for about 20' to make sure it is all lined up. Then you torque the u bolts that hold them to the frame.
    Not rocket science but critical for the sway control to work and not try to push the trailer left or right when your traveling down the road straight.
    I'll take my time and stay at a speed that won't get me in trouble.
    I'll let y'all know hoe it goes.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your dealer is full of crap. My dealers transferred the hitch to the new trailer two times now as part of the deal.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I think the Dealer is trying to cheap out on us. They don't want to deduct shop time from their bottom line. It's not like they aren't making enough money.
    Only have to go about 35 or 40 miles. I can go highway or thru town.
    I guess you could say our Dealer is "Lazy" if you get my hint. Or maybe "Cheapy Day's" LOL
    I'll let y'all know.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast