User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tabnab View Post
    Just for thought. A 2021 Silverado without the max tow package with a 5.3 and 3.23 gear ratio can have a tongue weight rating of 930 lbs. Margin is a little lower with above weights and you add a little water in the tanks and you're over.
    TW “ratings” are based only on towing capacity numbers (10 percent) and not actual structural components

It would still likely be a class 4 hitch like yours

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tabnab View Post
    Steve, Does your Silverado have the max towing package? That makes a huge difference in weights. I have a 260RB and i pull it with my 2019 Silverado with the max tow package. I just weighed it this weekend and my tongue weight is 880 lbs. The trailer weight is right at 6900 lbs. This is empty tanks but full of propane and loaded with all our gear. My Silverado is rated for 1120 lbs. tongue weight, 11,600 lbs. trailer weight and payload is 2016 lbs. The total combined weight on the scales was 12,500 lbs. I just wanted to give you some real world numbers.
    My Silverado does not have the max tow package. I'll tell you, all the acronyms and numbers (GCWR, GCVWR, etc) totally confuses me. I've done my best to plug all the numbers in to the towing calculators and that I can find and I think that what they are saying is that my truck is capable of towing my trailer fine. I know that it will have to pay close attention to what load that trailer up with. One thing that I didn't account for was a full tank of gas when I was calculating. Based on the recommendations of the RV dealership I bought a Blue Ox weight distribution hitch which i hope helps.

I kind of feel like my wife and i jumped into buying this trailer a little too fast. When we first looked at the 260RB the RV dealership told me that my Colorado would pull the trailer just fine and all the specs were within limits. I felt really uncomfortable with that and knew that it would be dangerous to pull the trailer with my Colorado. Just looking at the Colorado next to the trailer common sense told me that was a bad idea. The 260RB checked all that boxes that we were looking for in a travel trailer so we decided to trade my Colorado in on a new 1500 Silverado figuring that if the Colorado could pull it surly the Silverado could pull it safely. For now we will have to deal with what we have and maybe down the road we will trade for a bigger truck. I just have a hard time spending $70k on a pickup.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your truck will do just fine. Just make sure you have the cooler for the tranny

Enjoy and happy camping

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Your truck will do just fine. Just make sure you have the cooler for the tranny

Enjoy and happy camping

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Thanks. It has a transmisson cooler from the factory but I was thinking about replacing it with an aftermarket cooler that will do a better job. I am also adding a cold air intake along with upgraded exhaust system to make the engine breathe a little better.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveK View Post
    . . . One thing that I didn't account for was a full tank of gas when I was calculating. . .
    You don’t have to include fuel weight in tow vehicles cargo capability. A full tank of fuel as well as other vehicle fluids are already accounted for in the vehicle’s unloaded curb weight.

2020 2600RB,
    2017 Silverado Crew Cab 1500, 6.2L

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Full tank of fuel only weighs 144 lbs and it gets lighter very very fast

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve, Your truck should be within the limits to tow the trailer but the only thing that comes close is the tongue weight. Your truck should have somewhere around a 930-940 tongue weight rating and that is the area that comes closest to the top. As i stated above my tongue weight was at 880 so you might have to balance your load a little.
    Tim and Nora
    2021 Reflection 315 RLTS
    2021 Silverado HD 2500 Duramax

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might want to read through this thread:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...e-advice/page3
    In short, I have the 221RB and towing with a 2019 Ram 1500 with a 5.7. I am well within towing specifications but I am not satisfied with it pulling hills. I plan on towing in the mountains quite a lot so I am in the process of upgrading to a 2021 Ram 2500 Diesel.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a 2019 Sierra 4x4 with tow package (the trailer brake is a must). I had an Imagine 2800bh (heavier than your Transcend). My ONLY issue with capacity was the trucks payload (all the stuff you put in the truck and bed). I have a wife, 2 12 year olds and 3 dogs in the cab. My payload was 1670 (yeah, that low). So us plus the hitch and tongue weight of the trailer....It put me close but under the limit.

I had plenty of pull, trailer weight to spare. My Gross Combined Weight Rating (GCWR - weight or everything) had lots of room to spare.

Check your payload rating - add up all your body weights, gear, and tongue weight. I would add another 15% to it. You always want a buffer.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MachWun View Post
    I had a 2019 Sierra 4x4 with tow package (the trailer brake is a must).

Trailer brake is the law

Check your payload rating - add up all your body weights, gear, and tongue weight. I would add another 15% to it. You always want a buffer.
    Why a buffer? As long as he is within the specs of his truck which he definitely will be he is fine

The manufacture you can guarantee already has a “buffer” in their specs

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast