User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How hard do you want to work the truck? A good rule of thumb is to keep under 75% to 80% of your max weight limits. Just because the manufacture says you can doesn't mean you should.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ezetterstrand View Post
    How hard do you want to work the truck? A good rule of thumb is to keep under 75% to 80% of your max weight limits. Just because the manufacture says you can doesn't mean you should.
    Where did you get those numbers?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveK View Post
    We are on our first weekend trip and pulled the trailer to a lake in east Texas about 200 miles from our home. The truck did great and had no issues. We were even pulling with with an 18 mph cross wind. I kept the speed around 55 mph occasionally up to 60. Even when getting passed by 18-wheelers wasn’t an issue. We did have a couple if gusts that buffeted us around that raised the heart rate but I think that was just being new to pulling a trailer. We travel pretty light as it’s just us and a 50 lbs dog.

I haven’t hit any big hills yet and I’m am curious how my Silverado will that.

My wife and I noticed the “proposing” when we towed the triller home from the dealership and to the storage facility. I’ve been doing some research and found some helper springs from Timbren that I’m going to try. I figure it can’t hurt. It’s funny, we thought buying the trailer was going to be the expensive part. I have several modifications planned for the truck.
    Glad to here things are working out for you! Just as an FYI the Andersen WDH is super light 53lbs. which will greatly reduce your tongue weight and it is supposed to eliminate the "porpoiseing" and it's one of the best anti-sway hitches on the market.

I'm not towing yet but my Andersen is coming on Friday.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345