Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2020 Duramax with 29RS brake problems

I’ve got a 2020 Duramax with the electronic trailer module and an intermittent loss of brakes on my 29 RS. The lights all work and the troubleshooting feature says you can narrow it down to the tow vehicle or fifth wheel, but I haven’t been successful identifying which one. On a Michigan to Florida drive it happened three times and came back after 50 miles or so. I previously had a 2013 Duramax and no problems with the brackets then.
    Has anybody’s had problems with the 20 or 21 Duramax brake system.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Talk to your GM dealer. I think they have a service bulletin on this. Also be sure you have the correct type of breaks selected in you truck programing.
    Hope this helps
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have not had any issues on our 2020 truck and 2021 reflection. There was this thread (https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...lverado-3500HD) awhile back but seems it was on trailer when axles have disc brakes.
    2020 GMC 3500 Denali SRW SB Duramax 4x4
    2021 Reflection 31MB Goosebox 16k