Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Swagman. Great rack.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went ahead and ordered the Swagman plus locking pin combo, from etrailer.
    Just found this review and assembly & install video:
    https://youtu.be/f3xq0eQf01Y
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    look for a bike rack that has the threaded bolt that goes where you typically put the hitch pin. This will remove any free play at the receiver and remove 90% of the movement at the actual rack.....I have several thousand miles on mine and see no signs of wear or failure points. Here is the rack I have for reference...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xnip2021-03-11_12-21-31.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	32621
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what I'm running into! We bought ebikes and I planned on putting them on the rear of the trailer. I built a solid receiver hitch out of 4" 1/8 wall tubing and welded to the frame with gussets and all. Probably could haul a car if I wanted to. Manly because our ebikes are 75 lbs each, probably 65 with out the batteries. But then I started reading about hitch failures on TT, so I'm still doing research on what to get. PITA putting them in the bed of the truck!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by New Tamper View Post
    That's what I'm running into! We bought ebikes and I planned on putting them on the rear of the trailer. I built a solid receiver hitch out of 4" 1/8 wall tubing and welded to the frame with gussets and all. Probably could haul a car if I wanted to. Manly because our ebikes are 75 lbs each, probably 65 with out the batteries. But then I started reading about hitch failures on TT, so I'm still doing research on what to get. PITA putting them in the bed of the truck!
    It sounds like your setup will be fine.....all of the horror stories are related to the stock bumpers and under-rated hitches and people assuming they can handle as much weight as the hitch on your truck....Knowing your load limits and ensuring everything is securely battened down to prevent excessive flex/torque on everything will greatly reduce your chances of any issues. If you have a backup camera installed, make sure it is angled so you also have the bikes in your view so you can see if there are any issues early on instead of finding out when you get to your destination.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123