Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tire pressure

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tire pressure

Have a tire pressure sensor and it shows I have the recommended pressure (cold) in all for tires. Question is how many pounds will they increase when they warm up?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonKirkpatrick View Post
    Have a tire pressure sensor and it shows I have the recommended pressure (cold) in all for tires. Question is how many pounds will they increase when they warm up?
    Depends on several factors like ambient temperature change, elevation, speed, load, etc. Many of us have seen increases of 15 lbs. +/- from when starting out in a cool AM and seeing ambient temps rise at times dramatically with the sun beating on one side of the RV in mid afternoon.

Kinda unnerving at first but the tires are designed for this. There are folks who reduce air pressure to account for this (no need to do so) or become quite concerned. Considerable feedback has been shared on the forum over the years particularly outstanding factual data from the 40 tire industry veteran RickTulsa.
    Rick was (may still be) a Solitude owner who has not been active on the forum for a few years.

Dan

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply. Since the tire temperature hasn't gotten really high I haven't been to concerned. I just keep a close eye on them. I was more concerned about my truck tires jumping to a little over 40 pounds from north Georgia to south Florida.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine start out at 110 and hit 128 to 130. I have seen the side the sun was hitting at 132
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon07 View Post
    Mine start out at 110 and hit 128 to 130. I have seen the side the sun was hitting at 132
    Typically, on a hot day I see a 12~15 PSI increase in tire pressure (running low to mid 12x PSI), but I have also seen these numbers (up to 130 PSI) on our Solitude with load range G tires (110 PSI cold). I often see a significant (up to 4~5 PSI) increase due to sun (hot side) and wind (down wind side) being higher.

If you have load range E (80 PSI cold) the absolute numbers will be lower, but the percent increase should be in athe same range.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonKirkpatrick View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Since the tire temperature hasn't gotten really high I haven't been to concerned. I just keep a close eye on them. I was more concerned about my truck tires jumping to a little over 40 pounds from north Georgia to south Florida.
    Jumping 40 lbs.! Never seen that much of an increase.......something seems a little off there. My 2500 Silverado has factory TPMS as required by regulations and I have never seen that much puling our 303, unloaded, or any other load or in any weather/road conditions. Don't recall any time over a 20lb. increase.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide