Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2670 MK Dometic Fridge issue

Hello Folks!

We will begin our first cross country trip beginning Monday. We are encountering our first major issue today and looking for advice! Our Dometic fridge cooling fins - those metallic fins are sweating and dripping water inside the fridge. DW says the gage reads 60 - which is obviously not good. The freezer says 18 degrees???

Any ides what could be the issue??

Thanks Steve

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado333 View Post
    Hello Folks!

We will begin our first cross country trip beginning Monday. We are encountering our first major issue today and looking for advice! Our Dometic fridge cooling fins - those metallic fins are sweating and dripping water inside the fridge. DW says the gage reads 60 - which is obviously not good. The freezer says 18 degrees???

Thanks Steve
    From what you’ve said it appears the fridge is cooling, just not cool enough. There are lots of threads on this topic. If you type Fridge not cooling in the search box you will get many hits.

These absorption fridges are very sensitive to outside temps. Many people including us add fans to move air. We also turn fridge on 24hours in advance and put quart size frozen water jugs in freezer and top rack of fridge. Our fins sweat too especially when it’s humid outside.

Make sure the thermistor did not slip out of its white plastic sleeve. It is attached to the fins in the back right. I put a binder clip on it to keep from sliding down. The higher the thermistor the cooler the fridge.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you may be on defrost mode, or the door seals not sealing. The fins should drip into a tray, which then feeds a hose to the outside.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks folks!! All appears well this morning! Think the dear wife (or me) may not have completely closed the fridge door at some point. the condensation seems to have stopped. Thanks again!!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the same issue for a day. Yes it was the door not closed completely. Make sure and listen for the click sound and you'll know it is closed.
    No click means it is not yet fully closed.
    Jim T.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado333 View Post
    Hello Folks!

Thanks Steve
    Hi Steve, I do understand you figured out the issue, but it also occurred to me your two gauges are in different scales. 18 degrees Celsius is 55.4 degrees Fahrenheit. Just an odd thought I had. How was your trip, BTW? How did your camper do, and also, how was your RAM? As you might see below, we will have the same rig. Our 2670 is due in about a month and we can hardly wait.
    2021 GDRV Reflection 320MKS 5ver (hauled by The Beast)
    The Beast - 2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn, CC, LB, DRW, 6.7L Cummins HO, Aisin 6spd, 4wd
    Previous: 2005 Minnie Winnie Class C towing 2014 Mini Cooper Countryman S (both 4 sale)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjmnklm View Post
    Hi Steve, I do understand you figured out the issue, but it also occurred to me your two gauges are in different scales. 18 degrees Celsius is 55.4 degrees Fahrenheit. Just an odd thought I had. How was your trip, BTW? How did your camper do, and also, how was your RAM? As you might see below, we will have the same rig. Our 2670 is due in about a month and we can hardly wait.
    Morning MJ - No, the gages were both in F. Thats why it was weird. You going to love traveling with that set up - Being new to this RV'ing world, my biggest concern was and still is driving on windy days. We have actually been living on our rig now since July of last year. We have been home (in Central Florida) since October, which our Brick & Sticks undergoes a major facelift. The Imagine has been comfortable, but we're ready to get into out real house - hopefully by the end of this month.

As for our trip - WE LOVED IT!! 2-1/2 months traveling from the Seattle area, struck in Leavenworth, WA> due to surrounding fires, wind and smoke - then thru western WA., ID, MT, WY., SD. IA, Neb., MO., ILL - well you get the idea! The truck was great, a few hiccups with the Imagine, but nothing major, thankfully!!

Having lived in the Imagine for approximately nine months now - we are actually kicking around the idea of something bigger. But that decision will wait a while - too much going on now.

Enjoy your rig!

Steve
    Steve & Pat
    2019 Ram 3500 Limited MegaCab
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK

https://www.epgsoft.com/visited-stat...100&format=png

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Steve,
    We were actually motorhome campers before we decided to look to the retirement horizon. The 2670MK is a great RV while I’m still working until we figure out what we’ll use for full-timing. We did extensive research, much as you probably did, and I’m very partial to Grand Design because of their reputation for after-the-sale customer service.

If you have the high output Cummins you can pull anything you decide to buy. Our truck came with the 5th wheel prep so we actually looked at any and every camper that might fit our needs. The Grand Design Reflection 5ver floor plan 320MKS is very much like our Imagine floor plan except it has an additional couch, a bigger shower, and more closet space.

The Solitude 345GK is a floor plan with a desk but you lose the outside kitchen unless you want to use a bunch of your pass through storage. A desk and outside kitchen are important to us and we have a ton of Grandkids so one of the coolest floor plans we almost bought (and might still buy) is the Solitude S-class 3950BH. Massive outside fridge, awesome outside kitchen, two full baths, two entrances, and a ton of sleeping area. We were going to pull out the kitchen table and put in a desk with that one. It’s likely one of those will be our final camper in 7-8 years.

We go to FL Often in the cooler months as we have friends in Northport, Clermont, and Kissimmee. Maybe we’ll run into each other at some point. Thanks for all the great feedback.
    Last edited by Mjmnklm; 03-07-2021 at 04:38 PM.
    2021 GDRV Reflection 320MKS 5ver (hauled by The Beast)
    The Beast - 2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn, CC, LB, DRW, 6.7L Cummins HO, Aisin 6spd, 4wd
    Previous: 2005 Minnie Winnie Class C towing 2014 Mini Cooper Countryman S (both 4 sale)