User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TV installed in bedroom of Imagine 2800BH

We added a TV in the bedroom of our Imagine 2800BH. We used a MorRyde TV1-025-H swinging TV mount for a Vizio D-Series 24" TV. After locating the edges of the metal backing plate with a stud finder, we pre-drilled holes and attached the TV mount to the wall using #14 x 7/8" hex head sheet metal screws. The TV mount seems very sturdy, and locks with the TV folded against the wall for travel.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201025_134912704.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	32511

Name:	IMG_20201025_145736651.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	32512

Name:	IMG_20201025_145442224.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	32513
    Joe & Joy + children
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Tremor, 7.3L V8
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000 lb. hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the information and photos.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice.

The mount is on an outside wall, right?

I've read that the TV backing area for outside walls is metal, whereas the interior walls have a wood backing plate. That's been my experience so far, but I don't have any mounts on outside walls.
    signature

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbbrewer View Post
    Nice.

The mount is on an outside wall, right?

I've read that the TV backing area for outside walls is metal, whereas the interior walls have a wood backing plate. That's been my experience so far, but I don't have any mounts on outside walls.
    Yes, the spot that GD designates for mounting the bedroom TV in the Imagine 2800BH is on an exterior wall.
    Joe & Joy + children
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Tremor, 7.3L V8
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000 lb. hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice work. Thanks for information. A metal plate should be easy to find the edges with a stud finder or a magnet. The mount looks quite sturdy and did you throw a screw in every hole on the wall mount. #14's is a good size bolts. Not worried about traveling with the tv mounted with mount and all of the screws..

Thanks for the info,
    2020 Imagine 2500RL
    ProPride P3
    2021 F250 6.7L PSD

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand Design recommends 1/4 or 3/8 plywood be placed between the mount and the wall to provide more bite for the screws. I cut a piece of 3/8 to match the size of the mount that I put into our 2600RB.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was looking for Grand Design info and didn't find any in my manual, it didn't even mention the prepared location in the bedroom. The plywood won't really help hold the mount on the wall, may help protect the wall from being crushed by the mount and screws. I like the idea of adding in that piece of plywood. I have seen when people have only used 2 screws to attach the mount, and I like how you filled all of the wholes with screws, everybody in the pool. With the TV locked against the wall, I wouldn't worry about it pulling off while traveling. And, the TV now a days weigh less than the mount anyway...

Thanks and how you get some rest....
    2020 Imagine 2500RL
    ProPride P3
    2021 F250 6.7L PSD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quiglenj View Post
    I was looking for Grand Design info and didn't find any in my manual, it didn't even mention the prepared location in the bedroom. The plywood won't really help hold the mount on the wall, may help protect the wall from being crushed by the mount and screws. I like the idea of adding in that piece of plywood. I have seen when people have only used 2 screws to attach the mount, and I like how you filled all of the wholes with screws, everybody in the pool. With the TV locked against the wall, I wouldn't worry about it pulling off while traveling. And, the TV now a days weigh less than the mount anyway...

Thanks and how you get some rest....
    The information on the plywood was direct from GD Customer Service when I spoke to them about any recommendations for mounting a tv. My dealer also recommends the same thing. Reason, At best you will have 2 threads into the metal backing. The plywood, being mounted first, gives the bracket more support as it spreads out the weight. And by having the board mounted by itself and then mounting the bracket to the board stiffens the mount against bouncing and whipping while on the road.

Just passing on what GD recommends. We previously had a Jayco with the TV factory mounted to their backing board. Found it on the floor after traveling on I-80 in Illinois. That's why I go with GD's recommendations. But to each their own.
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Got it installed, I ended up cutting the plywood a 1.5" bigger all around, attached it to the wall and then attached the mount to the plywood and the sheet metal in the wall. Metal was easy to find with a magnet.... Think the screws that hold the tv to the mount will let go before the mount comes down.

Also checked the factory installed TV in the trailer and found all buy two of the screws loose. Suggest that these should be checked, simple to do before something happens....
    2020 Imagine 2500RL
    ProPride P3
    2021 F250 6.7L PSD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tip on checking the factory installed mount. Need to get out and check that later today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast