User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn’t read where you actually put a volt meter on the batteries to see their state

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J Maguire View Post
    I just happened to notice that 3 of 4 lights were showing on the dummy panel when we departed this morning and by the time we arrived 5 hours later the panel read the same. That's the longest tow so far with this setup so it caught my attention today at the campsite. Sorry, nothing more technical to provide at the moment. It's a two battery setup.
    No experience with the 2019 however, if 5 hours later the state of the batteries is the same charge as when you began the trip, I would accept this as a win. Your batteries are supplying the refer control board and other parasitic draws. With a single/standard alternator truck, breaking even is often as good as it gets. If other folks are experiencing a better charge rate from a single/standard alternator I would also be anxious to hear of it. If you have not already, I would consider installing a battery monitor to see the actual voltage rate or putting a voltmeter on the battery before the trip and upon arrival to determine if you are losing and charge and to what degree.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffnCheri View Post
    No experience with the 2019 however, if 5 hours later the state of the batteries is the same charge as when you began the trip, I would accept this as a win. Your batteries are supplying the refer control board and other parasitic draws. With a single/standard alternator truck, breaking even is often as good as it gets. If other folks are experiencing a better charge rate from a single/standard alternator I would also be anxious to hear of it. If you have not already, I would consider installing a battery monitor to see the actual voltage rate or putting a voltmeter on the battery before the trip and upon arrival to determine if you are losing and charge and to what degree.
    I'll set up a battery monitor to get a better look at things. Does your PullRite hitch happen to squeak? Mine is fairly vocal at slow speeds. PullRite said it was normal.
    2021 GD Reflection (150) 5th Wheel 268BH
    2019 F250 Gas 6.2L V8 FX4 Crew Cab
    PullRite 2100 20K Hitch w/ LOCKED OUT Turning Point
    2x Honda EU2200i Generators & 1UP Bike Rack & Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS
    2017 F150 Sport 3.5L V6 EcoBoost

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, testing the charge pin on the new trucks is not as simple as putting your tester on the charge pin and turning on the truck to see if you have 12 volts.

The new trucks are computer controlled and they need to sense the resistance from your electric brakes before the computer will turn on the 12 volts for the charge pin (at least on late model Fords).

Consequently, your best option is to check your battery voltage before you connect your 7-pin connector and test the battery voltage again (with the engine running) after you have driven your camper for a couple of miles. If you have higher voltage (should be 14.4v +/-) the 7 pin is charging your camper batteries, if your voltage is the same you are not getting a charge from your truck.

It took me a trip to the Ford Dealer to learn the knowledge I am sharing here.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does your PullRite hitch happen to squeak? Mine is fairly vocal at slow speeds. PullRite said it was normal.
    Generally I have not noticed any noise. I stay pretty proactive on preventative maintenance and so far it has served us well. With a 6 3/4" bed I absolutely like the ability to not worry about backing angle. The con is I have experienced several sites where in order to get unhitched I have had to angle the truck off of the pavement in order to get less than 10 degrees. Overall experience is very happy with the hitch
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have the compass connect, you can use that to read the voltage of the battery after hooking up and applying the brakes for 3 sec..
    2021 Grand Design Solitude S Class 3540 GK-R
    2021 Ford Super Duty Crew Cab 4X4 DRW 6.7 LWB F350
    Curt A 20 Hitch

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddieD View Post
    If you have the compass connect, you can use that to read the voltage of the battery after hooking up and applying the brakes for 3 sec..
    I do now - thanks to you. 12.1 volts this morning. I think the salesman showed us this feature but I forget about it with all the other things going on that morning; but than again maybe he didn't...
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddieD View Post
    I enjoyed messing with my family this morning, turning on and off the lights before they realized I had a new app.
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dude, that is just wrong.... I have done the same thing.. !!
    2021 Grand Design Solitude S Class 3540 GK-R
    2021 Ford Super Duty Crew Cab 4X4 DRW 6.7 LWB F350
    Curt A 20 Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do now - thanks to you. 12.1 volts this morning. I think the salesman showed us this feature but I forget about it with all the other things going on that morning; but than again maybe he didn't...
    In my perfect world, when you bought an RV you’d stay a couple of nights right at my dealership. The salesman and a tech would be at your beck and call during that time so you’d have a little time to absorb all of the new information and to fix problems.

12.1V is very low. Are you plugged in to shore power?
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast