Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobKilmer View Post
    Hi 210craig,
    To add a signature block you can select Settings on the top right of the forum page and then on the left side there will be a link to Edit Signature.

I installed both the Roadmaster Comfort Ride and the CRE3000 myself as an upgrade. In 2019 the 381s were shipped with the Lippert equa-flex suspension, no CRE3000 at that point. I installed the CRE3000 first, did a test drive, and then installed the Roadmaster shocks. I didn't notice a difference with the CRE3000, but I did notice a significant improvement in the ride with the Roadmaster shocks. I had to do the install myself because the local dealers were concerned about the warranty. The installation was pretty straightforward. The only difficult part was drilling into the frame for the bracket screws. I needed to buy multiple carbon steel drill bits to go through the frame, even titanium ones weren't good enough to get through the frame. Thankfully Home Depot had them in stock. I used the leveling system to lift the entire RV and then just used jack stands as a safety precaution.
    Thanks for signature thing. I'm definitely going to do it. Its a relatively inexpensive upgrade. Etrailer has it for $440 (7k axles) for the tandems and $265 for the extra axle. So for around $700 should be well worth it. I watched the Etrailer installation video and it wasn't clear. On the rear axle you placed the shocks toward the front or rear?
    Last edited by 210craig; 03-08-2021 at 11:55 AM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 210craig View Post
    Thanks for signature thing. I'm definitely going to do it. Its a relatively inexpensive upgrade. Etrailer has it for $440 (7k axles) for the tandems and $265 for the extra axle. So for around $700 should be well worth it. I watched the Etrailer installation video and it wasn't clear. On the rear axle you placed the shocks toward the front or rear?
    The shock on the rear axle leans toward the front of the trailer, as does the one on the center axle. Only the front shock leans backwards.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When installing the shocks I had to put a bend in the back drain pipe on the 381M. I used two 45 degree elbows and was able to keep the same slope as the original drain. Attached are two photos of the change I had to make.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RV Drain Picture 1.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	32582Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RV Drain Picture 2.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	32583

I apologize for the pics being upside down! I did not turn the RV over for these pictures LOL

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First I have a large bubble level on my pin box. I use an Anderson style for my wheels to get level side to side. I then use the lego plastic style under my rear landing gear on the same side and height as I raised with the Anderson levelers. You do this so you do not get the dreaded out of stroke error. If you do not also put something under the landing gear there may not be enough landing leg length to hit the ground and level.
    2016 29RS
    2008 2500 Chevy Duramax Diesel CC LTZ
    Prev 5er 2010 Outback 321FRL
    1994 Chevy 6.5TD 2500 ext Cab
    25ft Coachman Catalina TT
    Skamper Pop UP
    Various tents
    ALL great memories:D

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are new to auto levelers. Could you verify or correct? We get as level as possible front to back (what is the max. difference between them?), then we level side to side (with in 1/2 bubble) and THEN we use the levelers?

Our 303 RLS FW directions only say to get as level as possible, "park on level ground", then use the level system front to back. Nothing about side to side.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are mostly looking side to side. Plenty of discussion around here about wheels off the ground. Some dont care others think its a mortal sin. Front to back it will level as long as you dont let the levelers get too long. Then you get out of stroke errors. Most just stack up the lego blocks or andersens or whatever you have to keep the levelers as short as possible. I have mine parked on a slight incline right now. Stacked up the blocks on the rears put her nose up hit the button she leveled right out.
    Last edited by 210craig; 03-15-2021 at 07:35 PM.
    2021 Grand Design Momentum 397th
    MORryde Rubber Pinbox, CRE 3000, Sumo Springs
    2020 F-350 CC DRW Diesel, LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate
    B&W 20K Companion Hitch, ATTA 50g Aux Fuel Tank

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks 210 Craig! That makes sense. I don't like the idea of lifting tires with the jacks and will continue to level side to side prior to front back leveling. And thanks for asking about the signature thing. I was wondering about that too.
    2021 303rls w/ 2nd AC. 2011 Chevy 2500 HD 6.5 ft bed. Homebase is Michigan. We are summer travelers primarily. Farthest trip: Nova Scotia.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot to mention if you go to the tech area there is a section dedicated to levelers. Lots of good info and comments by folks who have a ton of experience with them.
    2021 Grand Design Momentum 397th
    MORryde Rubber Pinbox, CRE 3000, Sumo Springs
    2020 F-350 CC DRW Diesel, LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate
    B&W 20K Companion Hitch, ATTA 50g Aux Fuel Tank

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12