Hello,
This is Ken and Wendee Green, outside Chicago. We're Engineers (defense and healthcare, resp.) looking to explore combining adventure travel, work (full- or part-time, as we adapt our finances and living expenses), school and stick-n-bricks living.
Community relationships is one of our big concerns, as we travel-- sharing experiences and fun with other people is a major part of our lives. We don't want to lose that while we spend less time with our immediate (stationary) community of friends and family. We are both somewhat introverted (like most engineers), but as the current social separation has taught us: we need people! (to be around them, hug, laugh and cry with them...)
I'd love to hear from other mid-career technical-types who have experience mixing all those things together.
I'll start out with a bang by making a poll (for RVers who travel 3 or more months a year):
Are you more satisfied, or less satisfied with your social interactions, since you've started RVing (this poll is for people who RV for say 3 months or more a year). Please disregard the current pandemic situation (I'm looking for answers independent of temporary [we hope!] situations).
Thanks!
Wendee and Ken